Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 03:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

more drama from pa.need advice

Started by minwin34, May 01, 2009, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minwin34

My son was litterially kicked out of the home he shared with his g/f and 6 month old son.The mother of his son moved an old b/f  (b/f in 4th grade mind you)into their home  a few months ago from a homeless shelter and then started treating my son like dirt.My son continued to pay the bills and rent ect,since he was the only 1 working.And to take care of his son,When given the oppertunity as her old/new b/f took over everything.So then he had enough stress and he finally moved.My son tried to make an agreement with the mother of his son reguarding custody,ect..but she didnt agree with it.So he went to file for custody.He thinks he can fight for his rights without a lawyer,she went to legal aide.My son fears for his son ,due  in part to the actions hes witnessed and his raciest behavior. ect.of person.The mother of his son is very immature,diagnosed with ppd and is on meds supposidially. and is so in; love" she cant see whats going on in front of her.Our major concern is for his son.I advised him to get a lawyer,and call cys and get them involved.I tried to talk with the maternal grandmother,but thats like talking with a brick wall,shes so medicated herself ,another story for the books.Now my son is so stressed and hes starting to blame himself he just has noone to advise him legally,please help and give him better advice then i have.Does my son have as much rights for custody as the mother of the child.shouldnt it at least be 50/50 ,expecially when they cant financially support his son and he can.I just dont get it.and moving someone into the house without knowing what hes really like endangering the welfare of a minor (my opinion)would a lawyer be a better bet for him,and what kind of lawyer,im sorry i dont really know the law,never had to deal with it till i moved my sons to p.a. please help.

Gestalt

if you can help your son afford a lawyer then he "may" have a better outcome in court- he needs someone who knows the system and procedures and who will fight for his rights. Unfortunately many people who represent themselves, do so at their own detriment.