Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 03:11:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Split Custody--How is CS Calculated?

Started by RLF, May 04, 2009, 04:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLF

Long time no post (I had to reregister!). 
After a very long wait, one of my children has decided to move in with me.  There may be some time in the courtroom, but I believe we'll end up in arbitration.  Does anyone know how CS is determined in California when one parent is primary for one child and the other is primary for the other?

I want to be prepared for arbitration.  I always seem to get the short end of the stick (or the pointed end!).

Hoping all is well with CaringDad,
RL

ocean

Usual cancels each other out...If there is a big difference in pay between the two homes...one house can pay the other house. Same for expenses...until the oldest child turns 18 (or 21 in my state!)

4honor

CS is calculated for each child individually including any credits for medical insurance. Then the lower is subtracted from the higher and the remainder is the transfer payment. If both parents make relatively equal money after application of any credits, then there may be no transfer payment.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.