Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 06:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

At the hospital this weekend

Started by CDAN99, Jun 15, 2009, 04:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDAN99

My wife was bit on the hand by her dog and she had to go to the hospital over the weekend. She had 2 punctures and several red lines traveling up her arm from blood poisoning/infection. She is ok now and should be coming home soon.

She tells me that one of the first questions she was asked by the nurse when she got to the hospital was if her husband did this to her?

Well, I was floored but at the same time I have come to expect this sort of thing knowing how the DV industry operates. I feel this is gender profiling. I wonder if any guys are asked the same question when the genders are reversed when they go to the hospital?

ocean

It must be a regular question now...I was asked it to for a scheduled surgery by the hospital AND dh went through the emergency room for HEART and they asked the same thing! LOL He laughed and said ..yeah she beats me...
I guess they are trying to get to anyone/everyone.

Kitty C.

It's a Catch 22.........for so long health institutions and professionals didn't do enough to uncover legitimate cases of abuse.  Now, with everyone in healthcare being a mandatory reporter (and at least in my state, the penalties are steep if we fail to report it) and all the training they have required everyone to go through, they leave no stone unturned.  They are only doing their jobs as required by law.....but it doesn't change the fact that for cases like both of yours, it seems 'over the top'.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ksmarks

Glad to hear that your wife is on the mend!
KSMarks