Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 05:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TELLING MY STORY DURING TRIAL

Started by chiquito2005, Aug 17, 2005, 07:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiquito2005

I'll be representing myself in a trial about more time with my kids.

How do I tell my story during the trial? I can't possibly ask myself questions during the trial.  Do you know how it works in cases like this?  Please share your experiences and thoughts. I know it's a challenge representing myself but I have NO choice. (I know very well I need a lawyer but I can't afford one).

Thanks for your help

Lovingdad

I am also going to be representing myself in a custody trial, Oct 11-14, 2005.  I have been wondering the same thing, and so far have concluded, after ample research on self-representation, that you just give your direct testimony as a narrative, rather than answers to questions.  Just don't wing it, be very organized.

Did your trial occur yet?  I noticed you posted the message back in July 2005.  If the trial did occur, how did it go?  can you offer me any advice?

MYSONSDAD

You might want to try researching your State on going pro se and how to handle some of your concerns. Many States offer legal tips, free online.

Many are going this path with the high costs of attorneys and court costs.

Good Luck! Post back your experiences and what worked and what didn't. This is a constant learning process for all of us....

Does the other party have an attorney?

"Children learn what they live"