Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 04:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what is it called when you want a cutody judgement set in stone....

Started by ravenx329, Oct 12, 2005, 01:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravenx329

with no options of having it come back to court. Like closing the case for good, and the other party can not go in at a later date and change their minds and bring up another matter?
   Any and all help is very much appreciated.
         Jason

CustodyIQ

No such thing, sorry.

Any party at any time can come back and try to demonstrate that there has been a significant change that warrants a change of XYZ.

This allows the state to ensure that a child's welfare can always be re-assessed and evaluated if something has changed.

In an extreme example, let's say you get your "Touch black, no trade back" ruling, and then you start to use blow-torches as disciplinary tools.

If you had your wish, the other parent would not be able to try for a change of custody.

That said, simply "changing one's mind" is not grounds for modifying custody.  It always has to be due to something that has changed that is having an impact on the children's welfare.

Stepmomnow

Generally it is called first, second or third degree murder....

joni

Kitty C.

.......tho not a pleasant one:

Death of one parent.

At least I know that I will never have to go to court ever again against DS's dad....since he died of cancer 3 years ago.  And with the difficulty that DS is having with dealing with that, I'd almost wish to go to court....since that would at least mean that he would still be in DS's life....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......