Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 10:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Paternity Issue

Started by Rianne, Oct 19, 2005, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rianne

My son has discovered that after 4 years, he may not be the father of his children.  He has 3.  One age 4, and twins ages 19 months.  If the children are proven not to be his, will they be taken away from him?  Especially his 4 year old son.  They are extremely close and it would be devastating for them both to be separated.   Would the court actually do that to them if the mother didn't want him in the children's lives?  The children are all legally his and he doesn't want to lose them.  He pays child support, spends all the time he can with them and loves them more than anything in this life.  I'd be relieved to hear any good news or advise.  Thank you.

Sherry1

born to married people are considered to be the husband's children.  Therefore if they were married, she can never take them away.  If they weren't married, then it can be a whole lot more complicated.

smtotwo

You have 90 DAYS to contest paternity if you sign admission of paternity in the hospital or don't take a DNA test and are determined by the court to be the father by lack of action.

DH is NOT the father of his 9 yr old son.  We didn't know this until 4 yrs ago.  Too Bad, SO sad.  He didn't contest in the time limit- they were married-so he nows pays support until this child is 18.

Rianne

No, my son was never married to the mom.  He signed the birth certificates thinking the children were his.  He discovered just lately, several other men the mom was with and is now in serious doubt.   We're in TN and I don't know what the laws are here.  Regardless of the outcome of DNA testing, which hasn't been done yet, he wants to keep the children.

I would like to find a format of some kind to stand against paternity fraud.  This woman committed fraud in my opinion, by not telling my son about the other men.  The children may well be his and I hope they are, but it looks like a 1 in 3 shot at best.  This woman is every man's and every paternal grandmother's worst nightmare, not to mention a very abusive parent.