Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 12:45:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Reasonable vistation

Started by Dadto4, Sep 03, 2009, 03:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadto4

So for the umpteenth time I am reading my decree. And it states she should have reasonable vistation. Who makes the call of what is reasonable?

MomofTwo

That's a horrible order and I don't know why courts giving that as an order.  They hope the parents can be reasonable and work it out, but that never happens.
You think one thing is reasonable,  she thinks another thing is reaonable and the two shall never meet.   If the children live primarily with her, and she is not letting you have your time, file a motion for clarification.  You won't win filing for contempt because just that...she will say her definition of reasonable is different than yours. File for clarification spelling out what you would like as far as your time with the children.

ocean

No one...usually it is for parents who get along and dont need the courts to specify a schedule or if one parent was not in court to ask for specifics....
That order can not be enforced and if you dont agree then back to court to straighten it out.

Dadto4

It was good enough for me to get my daughter back after the ex took off for almost a month and put her in school. But because she has done that I think thats it reasonable for the mother to have supervised vistation. I am not trying to keep my daughter away from her mom, but I don't want to have to get the NCMEC involved again.

mastracci

I hope that you did not have an attorney let you agree to such worthless language. Always have an attorney involved in these situations so that you can prevent a lot of grief before it happens.

Momfortwo

Quote from: Dadto4 on Sep 03, 2009, 03:43:05 PM
So for the umpteenth time I am reading my decree. And it states she should have reasonable vistation. Who makes the call of what is reasonable?

Your order is as vague as mine.  For now, it's working for the kids, the ex and me. 

What is reasonable?  Well, refusing to let your ex see the kids at all would be considered unreasonable.  Look up the standard parenting plan in your state and work from there. 

What my ex and I do is he gets them EOW.  With his new job, he isn't able to see them during the week on a regular day.  Sometimes, not at all.  Which requires a great deal of flexibility on my part.  It's a pain at times not knowing when he will see the kids, if at all, during the week, but it's hard for the kids to go two weeks without seeing their Dad.  This week-end is my week-end with the kids, since he's not working (his job has him at a hotel close to where he works basically EOW), he's going to come by later today to see the kids.