Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Reasonable Visitation"

Started by spitfire, Sep 24, 2009, 12:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy

Spitfire,

As I recall your original post(s) your mother's behavior as it relates to the children, her husband and herself was way outside the experience or rational of a person trying/wanting to dissolve a marriage. I thought at that time that everybody (including your dad) upmost was considering the threater of divorce ... that was foreign to him and it would follow the way you were raised  (I was the same) and probably all your interpersonal relationships.

As an example, I consider hand-carrying the CS check, as an act of compasion on your part for your siblings and mother.  Please don't let others anywhere (or yourself) put the guilt of "choosing sides" on your shoulders.  I hope you rely on your upbringing to remain functional and basically focus on the young ones that can not stand or speak-out on their own.

I am suggesting that "divorce" not be used as an excuse to cause your mother's behavior and both medical and psychological reasons should be examined.  There may be cause to justify her NOT being alone with the children. 

Best to you and stay strong.