Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question about custody change

Started by Otto Mann, Dec 08, 2005, 07:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Mann

I am NCP. My 17 yo wants to live with me. I have filed for a change of custody. CP received papers 2 days ago. CP has asked daughter when she is leaving. Daughter told her she's waiting for court hearing. CP said we don't need a court hearing. So my question is if daughter comes to live with me while I'm still officially the NCP (and I know it sounds like the CP is agreeing to this but......) would I be facing any possible legal issues, i.e., kidnapping or anything else??? CP has told daughter before to leave but when it comes down to it she won't let her go (that is why I am attempting to do it thru the court)

ocean

I would not worry about that due to your daughter's age. She can tell the judge what had happend. If the CP is willing to sign a paper (notarized would be best-but anything would be better than nothing) that would maybe make you feel better...Good luck!

marnbuk

Due to the childs age it would be hard to get any court to consider it kidnapping. The child is old enough to say the CP told her to leave. If you cant get anything in writting then on the day the child comes to live with you send a certified letter to BM stating that child reported she was told to leave and on this date child is now residing with you. Have child also write letter briefly describing events that took place. Send copies of these letters certified mail with return receipt to CP and take a copy to courthouse to put in file.

Otto Mann

OK, so now my question is would the same thing apply as far as child support is concerned. If my daughter is living with me and the other parent either agrees or doesn't agree to waive the court ordered child support what would happen if I stopped paying it and the other parent then took me to court over it.