Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:32:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Non custodial dad trying to get custody.

Started by TJRodolph, Jan 03, 2006, 02:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJRodolph

Missed time.....order states that each party is responsible for 1/2 of the airfare and Mom is supposed to pay her 1/2 within 15 days notice. However, the next paragraph states that if she does NOT pay her 1/2 that dad's arrearages can be reduced. So the order gave her a way out from paying it. However, we can not financially afford to pay for 4 round trip tickets each year (thats the number of parenting time sessions we get) The order states for dad to make all travel arrangements and give mom a 30 day notice of dates. We gave her a 3 month notice for this Dec trip, and she sent a letter back stating those flight times don't work with her night shift schedule at work...and that unless we change the ticket to a connecting flight that would involve getting the kid up at 3am, she wasn't sending him. We don't want the kid flying on a connecting flight due to his behavior issues and age, risk of flight being delayed in some other state, and travel time goes from 2 hours to 6 hours. The flight we scheduled was the only nonpstop flight available, Needless to say, the order doesn't say we need to get Mom's permission or agreement on the times. She didn't send the kid, and told the kid it was his dad's fault because he bought the wrong ticket.

The order also states that the mom is to immediately provide the grandfather's phone number. When dad calls for his kid, he sometimes has to wait for 3 to 5 days for a call back because he is at his grandpa's. It may seem insignificant, but figure ever little infraction will help our case.

MN State law says the custodial parent is to keep the other parent informed of school information. The order even says she is to provide the school calendar in order to schedule the parenting time.

No dad doesn't have joint legal custody.

I don't know about private schools, the mom is always crying broke. And I thought most private schools didn't want problem children?

Thanks for all the advice, I will definately try to do some reading up....

MixedBag

The travel situation sounds extremely like my situation that was just ruled in my favor this last go around.  My order too states the I am to give EX 2 weeks notice and EX thought he could have the final say.  Judge clarified and said nope.

You have a leg up on most for the phone stuff if your current order already includes the first step clarifying that grandpa's phone number is to be provided.

Sometimes private schools can be a good thing -- classes are smaller and therefore children get more individual attention.  Some private schools have scholarship programs for "broke" parents.  I can tell you that our Catholic church subsidizes the tuition paid for ALL students attending a Catholic school in our area.....so it happens.

Good luck and hope the judge sees things as you do in court.