Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 01:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Should I though with evaluation for switch in custody or just more visitation?

Started by Bradley, Jan 08, 2006, 06:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley

I appreciate the advice on the Texas Evaluations. Does it matter that my ex=wife has custodial parent 7 years, I have had expanded visitation for the last year officially, but she has given me way more time. I would love more time with my daughter and she needs it. We do have lots of documentation, but am afraid that my ex-wife will lie. Does anyone know if the evaluator would be able to see past the lies? The ex-wife has documentation of my current wife leaving a message on my ex-wifes machine, no cussing just asking her not to tell my daughter she is evil, our documentation goes on for days. I guess I am wondering if the judge would even listen to an evaluator about week on week off visitation? Week with us week with her with an overnight wednesday in the middle? My ex-wife is just very unreasonable about everything. SHe cusses at my daughter and treats her and us like we are so below her and stupid. I just thought I could ask if anyone knows more detail about Texas evaluators and names of any good ones. Thanks!

cowboy crazy

Yes, I do think the evaluators, if they are good can see thru the lies.  A good thing is to have documentation or proof to back it up proving that she is lying.  I am not sure about the switching weeks, some Judges like it some don't - it really depends on the Judge.  If the evaluator were to suggest that then yes, it would way heavily with the evaluator.  I am not sure of any in your area, ours was done in Houston.

CustodyIQ

Hi,

You may want to get into Dr. Richard Warshak at http://www.divorcepoison.com/

He's based out of Dallas and may have some recommendations for you.