Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 12:08:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daughter 14 wants to move in with dad

Started by Lisord, Dec 14, 2009, 01:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisord

Hi, Im hoping some one here can help me with the issue of my daughter 14 yr wanting to move in with me.

My daughter has been living with her mother her whole life, her and I were never married.  My ex currently has care and control of my dauther and I have gardenship, along with a visitation order.  and yes I pay my support on time every time.

My daughter now wants to move in with me, she is also consered about hurting her mother.

What I am wondering is how to get the ball rolling.  I dont have a lot of extra money for layers etc.  I was hoping to find a group that could give me advise on how to deal with the legal situation my self.

From what Ive heard she is of the age oof choice in alberta canada. and would like to know what that would intail for her and me.

Thank you for any advise you can give.

MixedBag

no clue about Canadian laws -- so that's step one.  Can you QUOTE them as you say?

no clue about Canadian procedures either....but if you're right about the age part, then will the local court help you in giving you simple guidance as to how to start?