Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 06:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

custody question

Started by ArkieDad, Jan 18, 2006, 11:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkieDad

wife wants joint to avoid CS.  3 yrs ago wife had a month long affair, ended it we worked on issues.  
this past august she started going out again with friends and not coming home she admitted to going home with a guy and sleeping with him. from August to October 18th she was going out 1-3 times a week lying to me and our 6yr & 8yr old that she would return home that same night.  
The affair lasted from August -October.  Found out she was sleeping with several people during this time and not just one person 3 yrs ago and another affair 5 years ago.  
October 18th she moved out(left us ) for 1 month during this time she missed several evenings that we had an agreement she'd see the kids. Heavy drinker during this time also.  The month she was gone she lived with 2 guys(one she was messing around with)
I have court order temp full custody now.  She got her a place next door to the guys she was living with, once he went to her place angry(kids werent there) next time they were there and he drove by (while her/kids/new boyfriend) was outside and used hand gesture and said something.  She was ready to sign everything but now wants joint to avoid CS. She has put the kids in bad situations. 1. son seen her kissing a guy. 2 left kids w/ friends husband to go out to bar(i was called at 2am to go pick them up , her friend called me.  I have documention of all events since June.  What are my chances to prevail for the kids sake to make sure they are in a safe environment.
Also the last 2 times she's had them overnight , boyfriend stayed at her place 1 weekend. and the next time they stayed at his place.  

CustodyIQ

Chances are very good that the status quo (i.e., you having primary custody) will remain in place.

Get the friend's husband to write an affadavit that he had to call you at 2am to pick up the kids.

You won't get a court to prohibit men from sleeping over at her place, but if you can convince a court that it's routine and varied (i.e., many different men, nearly every night the kids are there), a judge may decide to eliminate the overnights with mom.

Just keep going on the route you're going.  Get all your ducks in a row, make sure you have a good attorney (or are reading many books about child custody), and you should prevail here.