Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:13:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's been a while...

Started by BizyLizy, Mar 03, 2004, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BizyLizy

Hello all!

It's been a while since I've posted, though I still lurk around quite a bit.  

Hope all is well with everyone.

I have a quick question that I'm asking on behalf of another poster who's contacted me through this site.

Is anyone familiar with a group in Texas who call themselves "Texas Fathers"?  They have chapters in Dallas, Houston & possibly Austin.

I would hate for this dad to waste his time with a group that is counter-productive.

Kitty C.

Don't know the answer to your question, but it's GREAT to hear from you!  Missed ya, girl!!  :-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

BizyLizy

Thanks for the warm welcome, Kitty!

How's your son?  

Missed you all, too.  Is MK still around?  I see Indy is, lol!

Kitty C.

MK's keeping busy these days and doesn't come here as often as she used to or would like to, but she's still around!  And you CAN'T get rid of Indy, LOL!

DS is doing fine.  Our lives went thru an upheaval the past couple months; I filed for divorce and DS and I moved out the beginning of Feb., but it was the wake-up call that DH needed, since he was battling alcoholism.  We're back home, working things out and getting all the help we need to overcome this, and making our marriage strong again!

Nuthin' like getting married all over again, LOL!   ;-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

Was just thinking about you thanks to the lastest happenings from DH's EX...

Stick around!

BizyLizy

I'm sorry you & DS had to go through it, but glad things are working out.

I'll be sure to keep you all in my prayers.

I can relate to MK...busy like crazy lately, myself.  It's so easy to get lost in it all.

On a high note: I'm going back to school!  Still trying to squeeze in that "me" time, in between the hubby & kids, lol...something you always reminded me to do.:0)

BizyLizy

Aaahhhh, the pbfh...what would we do for intertainment if not for them?

:-)

Perhaps we could get your dh's ex together with ours, buy a bag of popcorn & enjoy the show....

I couldn't find any recent postings about your situation...what happened?

Childrenfirst

Welcome back! I do not know about the information you need but still thought I would say hi!

BizyLizy

Hi back!

I mostly just lurk now that we got a houseful of kids!  We've had custody for almost a year and half now & the girls are doing great!

Thanks for all your help & advice over the years, CF.

:0)

MixedBag

I don't post much -- the boys get the brunt of their anger when I do....

Miss Manners was recently deleted as an account....that's from my side.

There's more that's been going on but I'm not talking about it much here.  I'll reveal bits and pieces based on my experience when others seem to come across the same situation because THAT's what this board is all about, right?

As for DH's situation -- there might be more to tell within about a month.  We shall see....

I am a STEP-grandma now!!!!  All throughout OSD's pregnancy I would joke with her saying that she makes me feel "OLD" because I'm not ready to be a grandma and my saving grace is that she is my STEP-daughter and not my real daughter....  We would both laugh about it.  

Julia is a real sweetie and cutie.....but you see if I post too much about her, then when DH's EX (BM) reads she'll get upset.  She hasn't seen or held her yet.

My oldest daughter got married last weekend and I was both happy for her and sad.....my baby!!!  My EX and his wife came to town and everyone got along just fine.....we worked together to make sure her day was as perfect as it could be.  Yep, SM and I joked, talked, and it was fantastic!  At the wedding, I introduced her quite often to folks -- and got a laugh because one of my daughter's co-workers said "Geez, I thought you were her older sister and that THAT was her mom."  Makes me realize many many things about other stuff.

My middle daughter got her license this week too -- another maniac driver on the streets.  She should be starting a job soon and finished her high school exit exams this week.   Gotta get her lined up to take the SAT or ACT exam soon so she knows where she stands for college.  

How's that?