Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Precedent RE: Visitation - Please Help (Pref Mass.)

Started by aquanee, Jun 15, 2011, 10:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquanee

Sorry for my lack of law knowledge - the document Imentioned, Stipulation-Agreement for Judgment does say thefollowing in the very first paragraph:

"It is herebyagreed by the parties (Plaintiff, [ME.], hereinafter "Me" andDefendant, [Her-my son's mother], hereinafter "[Her]"), with theadvice of counsel that the following stipulation shall be made a Judgment ofCourt with respect to the above captioned Complaint forSupport-Custody-Visitation Pursuant to G.L.M. 209C:

Then many pages of that consisted of the agreement etc.

We submitted that to the court/judge and received adocument from the court that was signed by a Judge - below is the basic headingand contents of that 1 page document:

JUDGMENT
(On Complaint for Support-Custody-Visitation
Pursuant to G.L.M. 209C)

After hearing, itis Adjudged that:

Judgment enter inaccordance with a Stipulation of the parties dated December 14, 20xx
which isincorporated and made part of this Judgment.

So is this still an agreement or does the above language make it a court order?

MixedBag

Kitty C.

Quote from: aquanee on Jun 18, 2011, 02:09:58 PM

Sorry for my lack of law knowledge - the document Imentioned, Stipulation-Agreement for Judgment does say thefollowing in the very first paragraph:

"It is herebyagreed by the parties (Plaintiff, [ME.], hereinafter "Me" andDefendant, [Her-my son's mother], hereinafter "[Her]"), with theadvice of counsel that the following stipulation shall be made a Judgment ofCourt with respect to the above captioned Complaint forSupport-Custody-Visitation Pursuant to G.L.M. 209C:

Then many pages of that consisted of the agreement etc.

We submitted that to the court/judge and received adocument from the court that was signed by a Judge - below is the basic headingand contents of that 1 page document:

JUDGMENT
(On Complaint for Support-Custody-Visitation
Pursuant to G.L.M. 209C)

After hearing, itis Adjudged that:

Judgment enter inaccordance with a Stipulation of the parties dated December 14, 20xx
which isincorporated and made part of this Judgment.

So is this still an agreement or does the above language make it a court order?

It's an agreement up until the judge signs it.....once the judge signs it, it becomes an order.  Because up until the judge signs it, it can still be changed.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

aquanee

Thank you - everyone - for your help - I really do appreciate it.