Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 10:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hi. I am the primary custodian of my daughter who has regular visitation wish NCP

Started by mommy with heart, May 04, 2006, 01:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

My thought, yes his is in contempt for not taking daughter to activities BUT he has a suspended license.

So we have a problem, he legally shouldn'e be driving with a supsended licensed therefore in court he will use this as a reason of why he didn't take daughter to her activities.

Being a CP and a stepmom to a NC it is very exhausting when you have your own kids and your stepkids and must take them to all their activities (we would have to drive 1hr one way to get the kids to soccer or whatever) we were NOT court ordered to do so, but it was the right thing.  But their were times that DH and I had to kinda split as all 3 kids had a game in a different town around the same time, so we had to figure out how to do that.

As for being behind in cs, my ex in over $20K in arrears, it will haunt him later.  Child support and visitation are two seperate issues in court.

PS_ I here ya, my ex lives with his sister, her dh and kids, he rarely works, has a supsended license, no job and lives of off family and friends.  He rarely calls our son (we live out of state but even when we were 4 miles apart is was a rare occassion) my son is 14 now and has major problems with his father (son realises who is there for him ME and my DH).  It is hard, but don't sweat the small stuff. Having a grandmother drive your child a nd ex living with his mom is not that big of a deal, at leasth e has a roof over his head to provide while your daughter visits.

Try not to let your anger, and frustration get in the way of things, he will screw it up on his own sounds like.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Genie

you can do.  Just because court order doesn't state going through DR, doesn't mean it can. I would contact them and ask what can be done to get it started that way. Also explain about not being paid since XX/XX/XX date and find out if they can do anything about that as well.  

It may be as simple as filling out paperwork for garnishment from DR and then they will send him notification and request employment information.  

I would try this. It can't hurt.

brokenarrow

you are doing the correct thing . i know how it is when u know that ur child is insecure . it must be very terrible but dnt worry everything will be fine . here is an address of a website that i am sure will be able to give u ur answers
http://www.iwishisaidno.com/forum/832-child-case-advice.html
good luck