Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 05:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

my son needs me to have custody. Divorce just filed

Started by fitdad, Jun 07, 2006, 05:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitdad

I need info on how to keep my son in his own home. My wife just decided that she wanted physical custody. I guess she spoke to a attorney and found out that she could get me to support her life-style if she had the child!
Backround:
1. She has never cooked a meal.
2. She adverages less than 2 hrs a day with her son.
3. She still likes to party and drive drunk.
4. She works full time but only contributes to day-care and phone.
5. She has creditors calling almost every day.
Myself:
1. cook all meals
2. make lunch
3. bath and brush son's teath
4. play and instruct
5. put to bed and stay in his bed till he is a-sleep
6. pick up from day-care early every day
7. spend 6-12 hrs a day with son
8. give love

I need anything I can get to help me keep my son where he belongs, With Me!

MYSONSDAD

Has she removed him from his home?

You need to start documenting everything. Can you prove any of what you posted? If there is no court order signed, there is no reason why you should return him if you feel he may be neglected by her. File for temporary custody. Try to look at your situation from the courts eye. Who is better at nurturing and stability.

There is a free time tracker here, start documenting your time. Take plenty of pictures of you and your son together in your home, daily. Compile a list of things from the past, things out of the normal range.  As far as the drinking, any DUI's? PI may be in order?

Might be helpful to get something from the daycare, showing you pick your son up.

Close all joint bank accounts. If creditors are calling, is your name on them too? If so, cancel 'em.

fitdad

Thank you, I have been tracking her hours with our son for about 2 months now and the devorce should final in another 5 months. I hope 7-months of documntation will be suficiant. ?photos. How does this help, or how does the court see this?
I don't know how she has gotten away with-out getting a DUI yet, but I can probibly get copys of her credit-card and bank account statements showing bar tabs.
I am Still allowing her to live in the home. She has been like this for about 3 of the 4.5 years. I canceled all joint items 1 year ago. I am hoping that she will take my offer to stay in the home for 2years in lew of payment for divorce. This is to give her 2 years of savings and keep me from doing a refi. This way she can see our son "Whenever she is home" and also get our son to daycare inthe mornings.
I will look for the time tracker. Is it in the 25,000 legal forms?
 Thank you