Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limiting Visitation

Started by TXDad, Jan 04, 2012, 12:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigger

Quote from: Kitty C. on Jan 06, 2012, 03:14:33 PM
I don't know if this would be opening up a whole new can of worms, but have you ever asked her why she's able to be so amicable with her first ex, but can't seem to do the same with you....especially for the sake of the child?

If I read his post correctly, it's his current wife that's friendly with HER ex, not his ex that's friendly with her ex.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Kitty C.

Ahhhhh.....I missed that.  Thanks, tigger!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

TXDad

Yea, it's my current wife that has a great relationship with her ex.  It's night and day compared to my situation. 

I was already planning to request parenting time while I was in town for the hearing.  I'm going to plan to be in town through the following weekend so that even if she denies me when I get there, I'll have the time that I'm fairly confident the judge will order while I'm in town.  Every time I get frustrated and nervous about the whole situation I just remember that a judge will grant me more than she is currently.  She is the type that she may be doing this right now but once a judge specifically tells her to do something, she will.  She knows that the probability of her really getting in trouble for one time is not good so she's going to pull what she can until a judge tells her otherwise.  I'm sure she also doubts that I'll follow through with court.  She is assuming that I will just go along with whatever she gives me because in the past I could never afford a lawyer.  I'm fully prepared to fight this time and I won't let her keep calling the shots with all her petty BS.  I'm really hoping I have a judge that sees right through her and tells her like it is.  That would make my whole year.

TXDad

Kitty - you're right.  Our marriage was very short and very bad (I will admit that a large portion of that was my fault).  However, we have been split up for over 7 years now.  I feel like this is all because she is still PO'd or hurt over the things that happened when we were together.  I also think it might irk her a little bit that I have completely changed for the better now and that wasn't a possibility when we were together.  What's sad is sometimes I think she really thinks she is protecting our son from me b/c of her feelings towards me but all she is doing is hurting him.