Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 12:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help changing court agreement

Started by renegaderob18, Jan 22, 2012, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegaderob18

I have my kids all of July in which I pick them up and drop them off which I have no problem with. I also have them from December 25 at noon until January 1st at noon. The agreement says I'm to pick up and drop off for Christmas. There is no way I can afford 400 bucks total round trip for the holidays.

i am on low income for disability and only get 777 a month. I do have a job at wal mart but make minimum wage and get only about 10 hours a week I f I would pick them up and drop them off at Christmas I can not afford Christmas for them. How can I file for a change in the agreement since I am in Texas and she and the kids live in Louisiana and what can I do to change the agreement for Christmas so I can afford to see the kids?

The judge last time told her to choose which time she wanted to meet me half way and she chose Christmas. That is not fair to me or the kids. In the agreement she is also to give me her number so I can call the kids which she hasn't and send me copies of report cards which she hasn't done.

tigger

The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

renegaderob18

I am the one who moved to Texas due to a job. She and the kids have lived in Louisiana for 5 years or so. I have always been involved in there lives.

ocean

School- Call the school and ask to be put on the mailing list for report cards and any other info the other parent gets. You may have to fax your court orders but you are allowed by law to have access to them. Some schools have online grade information in the older grades. Ask for a password if they have online service at their school. Call the school and leave a message for teacher. Just them you are a long distance parent but still would like to be involved as much as you can.

Visits- If you can not afford it, either ask for the half way point or skip Christmas and ask for all summer break 8 weeks. You can also ask for skype times to video chat with the kids on certain days and times.

Phone- Ask the school for a copy of their emergency card. Her phone number will be on there. If she changes her number than add that to the modification to change visitation. Since you moved, court will be by her if you want to make changes.