Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 04:19:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

winning custody battle? how to do a sure win ??

Started by spinner, Jul 07, 2006, 05:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

I understand.
I use the parenting time tracker as well. I will add the notes

thanks for the help

hisliltulip

Spinner,
I'm in MN too, know you, you may not remember me...

DH has custody of YSS, now 7.

What I would do if I were you is keep track of time over the ENTIRE school year coming up before filing.  Six months is the name of the game in this state.

Have the teacher know you, the principal, join the PTA if possible, volunteer within the school if you can.  Go on field trips, ect.

THEN file for the CS change.

Oh yeah, and keep receipts for everything you spend above CS too (school lunches, field trips, activities).

spinner

are there other way to keep track of the time other than the parenting time tracker here?

I guess when it comes to it, I'd like to have unbeatable proof.

In the past she has said: no, this was not the time I had our son, ....
It was her word against mine at the time and no one want to get involve in these "battles"

what are the reasons a judge or referee looks at to change custody?
"best interest of the child" is getting old in courts

PS: I definately remember you

hisliltulip

While DH was fighting for custody, yss was in a childcare that had whoever did drop off and pick up for that day to sign a book of time and signature.

All we did was keep track of it on an excel spreadsheet and told the judge that if she deemed it necessary, the daycare's records would be requested.  She however did not deem it necessary.

I think the parenting time tracker will work for you, as long as you are very involved with your child's school.  They tend to want to know what the kid's schedule is for drop off and pickups from each parent too for safety reasons.

What I would do, is nicely provide a monthly schedule ahead of time for child's teacher and the front office.  The school secretary will put it into his folder for use if he gets sick, etc.

Keep a copy for yourself, and when you hit court, you can request a copy of the school's copy.

Don't tip off the school what you are doing this for ahead of time, as they probably will not want to get involved.

Having your child in your school district as opposed to your ex's will be obvious for change in circumstances.  But as I said before, save receipts to prove that you are providing for your child above and beyond child support.

And what another poster said, don't request child support from her.  You may get it, you may not, but it sure as heck makes you look better if you don't ask for it.

DH didn't ask for it, and was rewarded CS anyway.  It's paltry to say the least, as the judge didn't feel his ex had it in her to hold a job for any great amount of time (and the judge was right), but it does show up from time to time.

The biggest thing here is your involvement with his schooling.

Oh yeah, you may also have the luxury of organized teachers that have parents sign off on homework each night.  YSS had that in K and 1st.  Hard for ex to argue that her handwriting was no where on those forms!

Breathe, and document, and be involved, and document.  Make friends with staff and document...

hisliltulip

hisliltulip

hisliltulip

spinner

Hi Beth, this is very good, thank you.
very good idea on school schedule.

If I get CS from her good but if not then fine. I don't plan to ask for CS I just am tired of paying for her appartment's boyfriend with CS when our kid has clothes with holes, ...

very good advises, I note them thanks