Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 11:09:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

child custody

Started by ljacobs, Oct 09, 2006, 07:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljacobs

Father has recently been called to active duty and he was awarded temporary custody of the children.  The children have clearly indicated that they wish to live with the father or his relatives in his absence. Mother is planning to take the children with her once the father leaves for the military. Children are very distraught because mother is emotionally abusive. Do they have any rights. children reside in Summit County, ohio and are ages 15 and 16.

navydadinmd

Hi, I'm new here but wanted to respond to your post. I'm not sure of the other services, I can only speak from my knowledge having been in the Navy for 16 years so far. So, having said that; If Dad has physical custody of any type or time frame and is in the Navy or Naval Reserves, he should have a "dependant care plan" filled out and on file with his personnel office. This outlines who will be custodian over the children while he is deployed. It is a means of ensuring that they are cared for and helps ease some of that burden while he is gone. I don't know if this helps any. I may be way off as you may be asking a "legal" question. This may however, make it a little easier where the courts are concerned. Like I said...I hope this helped!

Shawn

ljacobs

Yes, this information does help Shawn. Thank you.