Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 02, 2024, 07:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

modification of past visitation award

Started by dmpac, Dec 16, 2003, 08:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


Dear friends,
I recently moved to Florida for a better job.  I can't afford to pay for multiple air fares to go to NYC pick my daughter up and fly back to Florida.  I can however pay for my almost 12 yr old daughter to be escorted by the flight attendant on/off the plane in order to come visit me.  My daughter wants and agrees to come visit me and her family here in Florida in this manner.  The problem is my ex-wife is being spitefull and refuses to compromise.  My ex-wife also does not want to increase my summer visitation which I requested since I can no longer make it every other weekend since I moved.  This is not practicle. My ex-wife also refuses to give me my daughter's ss # in order to start a college education savings/trust fund or to add my daughter to my healt insurance plan. Does anyone know of a good lawyer who advocates for father's rights and the childs well being?


You're the best lawyer you're going to get.  The others are doing a job to pat their own bills.

I would think getting proof of these things is your best bet.  Send certified mail to your X asking for these things and state clearly why you want them.  If she doesn't reply or refuses then go to a judge and show that you're trying to be reasonable and your X is not.

Even that may not help but it's the best chance you have.  You can hire a lawyer, pay him $$$$ and pay him some more but I doubt you'll have any better luck.  I've been doing this for 3 years now and the only thing I've ever said to judge is my name and "yes, I understand" when they tell me I've just been screwed again.  For this pleasure I've paid dearly.