Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 08:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grandparents should have rights to their grandchildren

Started by mandi, Apr 12, 2004, 03:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandi

My husband's BM will not allow his parents to see his child and they live right down the road from each other.  The lasy has to pass their house everyday going to and from work.  This is WRONG!!!!!  A child has a right to know their grandparents just as much as their parents.  Specially when the fther is different race.  My inlaws are PR and the mother is white, just as myself, so i am not being racial, but come on, the child is half PR is has right to know both sides.  When is our governemtn going to realize not matter of the PC parents wishes, IT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD that they know both sets of families.??????????

*~Mandi~*

wendl

Well my ex'x parents are lucky, I have it in my court order that the grandparents (on dads side) have visitation the 3rd weekend of the month.
However my ex nor his parents take their visitation.

I feel children should know their grandparents, grandparents can teach children so much that they don't get in school etc.

:)

MYSONSDAD

No truer words where ever written!

Grandparents have so much to offer, they have a time honored patience and understanding that can not be replaced.

If you ask my son who loves him he says, Grandma, Grandpa and Daddy.

From the mouths of babes...

mandi

That is sad that neither excerise their visitation and it is court ordered.  My husband's BM does not want his parents to have anything to do with his daughter and says that if she wants to see her that bad that GM can come to her house and GM does not want to because of the BM's boyfriend.  He has spit in my husband's face in front of his daughter and called him a stupid spic and has been very mean and hateful to GM infront of GD.  
It is truley sad what these kind of parents and 'significate others' are doing to these innocent childern.

*~Mandi~*

patton

My cousin is in a BIG custody battle right now with the grandparents of his daughter.

Personally I think a case by case issue should be heard on this, NOT a standard answer.

The mother of the child knowingly gave the child cocaine. She lives with her parents.  Are   her parents so stupid they did not know what was going on? The mother is susposedly bipolar and drawing SSDI AFTER all this happened.  

The grandparents at the present have "Parent Possesssory Conservatorship", and constantly interferring and causing major problems with the child.  This goes way beyond visitation.  They tell the child the father is not going to keep her, that she does not have to mind the step mother, that she can do what she wants to at school and doesn't have to mind the teacher.  I could go on and on the problems these grandparents are causing.

That's not to say all grandparents are like that, but grandparents like this set are a major cause for concern!

Why do the grandparents NOT get to see the child on the father's visitation time?

mandi

They do get to see the child when my husband is in the counrty, but now we live in CA and they all live in FL.  Of course my husband's mother is planning on flying here during the summer so that she can visit with us and her granddaughter but that is even if we are able to get her for the summer.  My husabnd's mother has done everything in the world for this BM, from day one my monther in law has been this girls best friend and it is like one day this BM talks to her allows her to see GD and then the next thing you know she will not answer her calls or return her messages.  I mean does this girl have 2 personalities, she does the same thing with me and my husband.  But you know, what goes around comes around and trust me, she will suffer just like we all have and her daughter.  The BM is with a boyfriend and he is very emotionally and mentally abusive to the mother, we know this because the BM tells the GM.  I mean, how stuipid is that?  She told us Sunday that I am not allowed to talk to my SD anymore because the BM says that I drill my SD because I tell that i love and miss her and when i feel that she did not hear me i will repeat myself and i drill her jsut because i ask her if she wants to come and see us for the summer and that i can't wait to see her this summer?  What is wrong with telling a 4 year old, these things?
*~Mandi~*

MYSONSDAD

Sorry, I was referring to the good old fashion kind I had when growing up. I went to them before my parents.

Just goes to show how things are getting so messed up. You would think they would have more common sense then to put kids thru this.

Hope things work out, I have a simular situation with the ex's parents, only they have no conservatorship, just too busy butting in.

smtotwo

DH and I go out of our way to make sure the skids DO NOT speak to DH's mother. Yes DH's mother.  She took custody of his sisters twins by lying and because she had friends in social services she won.

During a visit with their mother the twins were at our house.  
DH's mother PAID for the psychos attorney to keep the skids from us.
When we finally went to court DH's mother had one of the twins write
a letter saying that DH smoked pot with him while they were at our
home.

The other twin is treated very badly by g'ma.  He resembles DH and his brothers like he was their own child.

Psycho lets them visit her but THANKFULLY she has moved far far away and they now have very limited contact with her.

She believes she was abducted by aliens, told the skids that their aunt has an alien for a father, and that one of them is from pluto and the other is from mars.  

NO WAY this psycho g'ma is going any where near the skids if we can help it!!

wendl

well my ex when he does take visitation my son lasts for a short time then sulks so dad calls and says "come pick up your kid he is making everyone unhappy bla bla bla" so instead of dealing with the problem he calls me to pick him up, hell maybe if his dad wasnt drunk all the time son would want to stay longer that is why my son calls cuz dad is drinking and not doing anything with him, no toys for son at his house except his cousins who are girls ages 2,4,6 yeh as if a 12yr boy wants to play with that stuff.

He pisses me off, contempt or not I no longer make son go over, dad goes 2yr with no contact then 5 months then a yr so I am sure the courts wouldnt look down on me, he has supervised vistation to due to  lack of involvement

mandi

That is really sad.  It is dads like that that give the good ones a bad rep, you know??  I don't blame you, I would not make my child go if that was the case.  And yeah, I am sure the courts would not look down on you  because you are just looking out for the best interest of your child.
*~Mandi~*

mandi

That is nutts!!  I wouldn't let any child go around that lady.  You are right about the case by case.  And it wouldn't bother as much if my mother in law was some psyco, but she is not.  This lady has beent here for both the BM and SD since day one.  She was in the delivery room witht he BM, my hubby was in bootcamp for the Navy at that time, and she has done everything she can for the both of them.  She even buys the BM's son little things when she buys SD things because the BM has made so many comments about how it is not fair to her son that SD gets so much more then him.  Which it is not my mother in laws problem or her place to do things like this but that is just the way she is.  But I do agree with you!!!

*~Mandi~*