Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 20, 2024, 12:01:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Relinquishing parental rights

Started by 4104BY, Apr 01, 2004, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


This morning I was threatened with three days in jail by the judge. I asked for adjournment to find an attorney. I can't afford one, however an attorney there suggested I call him. If I go to jail (I have never been in any trouble let alone jail before), I will not see my kids again. I cannot face them if I have been to jail, rightly or wrongly. This is an ongoing game played by their mother. I don't think I'm going to win. How do I go about relinquishing all of my rights to my children so that they don't grow up thinking that jail is nothing more than a short trip to a hotel?


You are in the wrong place if you want to give up. There are many parents here who have been exactly where you are and have NOT given up.

If giving up is what you want, go call the attorney that approached you. If you do NOT wish to give up, post details of your situation.

Tips For Getting Started

How To Hire An Attorney

Hiring An Effective Attorney

Success Factors In Obtaining Custody


One of the first things you'll hear around here is "Document, document, document!". Having good records is *crucial*. Get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) at: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is good, but the OPTIMAL service is definitely better.

Parents here fight to be in their childrens lives.