Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 12:57:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for both sides of the fence

Started by MrsMoRunion, Jun 08, 2005, 07:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsMoRunion

Basically what she is doing is saying if you don't agree to my terms I'm going to try and get full custody.  It has forced us into this mediation thing which is futile.  She won't budge and my poor husband just wants it to be over so badly.

We are in Ohio and in this county in particular, the judge was so old school (original divorce took place 11 years ago) that she had agreed on paper to give him more parenting time but the judge said no father has any business caring for an infant and refused to approve the agreement!  Thats how hubby got stuck with the alt weekends and one day a week.  He used to have alt weekends, every Thurs and alt Tues, but the last time she got ticked, she took away the Tues and we went to Wed eves.

Her claim on the vacation thing is that we already had her list of planned activities, but we booked our cabin last October!  She doesn't have a clue, her idea of vacation is a week at the county fair (and I'm NOT kidding).

Fortunately or unfortunately, we won't make it into court before our vacation, it's just the fact that we have to go to mediation every other week and listen to her complain about everything until we go on vacation.  She is totally unwilling to make up the days missed.  It does say that an "effort should be made," but she has him so scheduled with stuff that it's virtually impossible.

She's also ticked because we just bought our own house.  She's still living in a house trailer that she rents near the barn where she keeps her horses.  She's complaining that we've moved so far away.  She lived about 3 miles away from here and moved about 40 minutes the other direction.  We haven't moved more than 10 minutes from where we started originally.

Like I said, my husband and I have already decided to bring him back for his thing at the fair, but on our terms.  But we have also decided to ask for more parenting time during the summer, like all week (M-F) long giving her the alternating weekends and one weekday as well as 2 weeks for vacation (for a trip to the local fair LOL).  That way, missing a few Saturdays won't be quite the hassel that it is now.

dontunderstand

That is such crap!  We lost our vacation too!  We live in WA and we had tickets to FL.  mom also agreed to let us take SD. Later she said it could only happen on her terms and that was to sign the BS parenting plan that her attorney drafted it was every other weekend, period.  No holidays, or summer etc.  We said NO and when we went to court she lied and said that she never said SD could go!  and then she said that we refused to give her contact numbers and that we don't know SD well enough (what?) and she might wonder off...SD is 7 and very good! (I don't know how she turned out so well BM is psycho.!!!)  So needless to say, the comissioner said we couldn't take her in June, but we can have a week in Aug. and we can reschedule our vacation (and tickets) then!  It is all such BS!
 I would take her to court on the grounds that there is a change in circumstances in the current parenting plan (you aren't getting your visits) and that you need a different schedule with more time...I so understand dealing with these BM's is so weird to me, I can't imagine doing this to my daughters dad and I can not stand him!...

prince13

This one sounds just like ours, too! I know she is telling the kids well, your Dad just doesn't understand that you have a life, too, etc etc...
because once again she is attempting to have the kids lose out on more time with their Dad despite what the counselor has told her. She thought DH and counselor were ganging up on her. Duh....DH has always put the kids first like the counselor was doing. She doesnt' get it.

Heck, she is a frequent flier in court. She must think she gets a discount after so many visits! I wish she would figure out that parenting is NOT a popularity contest. She isn't a parent (the Judge told her to start being one last time and I hope it does it again a week from Monday), she is going for Mom of the year by trying to be their friend! What a joke!