Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 01:30:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The smoke's rolling again! Got a new cause!

Started by Kitty C., Apr 09, 2004, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I just heard a Culligan Water Softener on the radio and could NOT believe my ears!  Now I've heard quite a few gender-biased and male-bashing commercials and programs thru the media, but this takes the cake!

The jist of it is a couple who talk about getting a water softener.  But they portray the husband as a bumbling idiot who's ONLY capable of remember sports stats!  The wife constantly is correcting him and 'subtly' putting him down the entire commercial.

So I found their web site and sent them an e-mail:

I just heard a radio commercial on Culligan Water Softeners and was APPALLED!  It was a couple talking about getting a water softener, with the husband portrayed as a bumbling idiot who couldn't remember a thing, with his wife answering for him and correcting him all the way.

I ask you this:  would you have aired the same commercial if the genders were reversed??  I think not, because the wrath of the feminists would fall on you.  So what gives you the right to bash men?  Have you noticed what license the media and advertising agencies have taken with portraying such gender bias?

I have a 15 y.o. son whom I'm trying to raise to be a self-confident, self-reliant human being.  What kind of message does it give him when companies like yours send out messages that all men are fools??

Not only will I never consider your company or your products, but I will also pass the word to many others on how you propagate the bashing of men.  

~~~~~~~~~~

At least I feel better..........I think..........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Brent

I'd be glad to email them and tear 'em a new orifice.

Kitty C.

http://www.culligan.com/

Go get 'em, big guy!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

Hmmm. I dont know a single sports stat,,,but I DO know every significant medical milestone of the last 300 yrs. Does that count?

Hawkeye

arrrrrghh... mayteee... or so said the so called pirate. LOL...

I saw part of one today from Taco Bell or someplace that shows this Latino mother/grandmother struggling with a burrito... A BURRITO???

.... sheeeeesh....

For crying outloud, there's gonna be a whole lotta more Mexican going on, if this crap keeps up.  

Like, maybe tomatoes at the FCC and White House?

My love/hate relationship with the "media" continues....

I'm with ya on this too...  R