Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Look for some numbers or statistics

Started by jeffl266, Oct 25, 2006, 06:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffl266

Trying to find some numbers or statistics.  Looking for a lead or reference.

Background:  I live in Oklahoma and the ex/kids live in Michigan.  I moved during the divorce since I needed a job and an offer arrived down here.  Last summer, the ex booked the kids just about all summer and the Referee (Oakland County) did not want to disrupt their schedule.  So I was granted only two weeks of visitation.  The referee stated that for next summer (2007), I was to get them at least a minimum of four weeks if not more.  The ex only heard the "four weeks" and planning an all out fight about this.  

My question:  Are there any numbers/statistics/etc. that cite how much time a non-custodial parent who lives out of state should get?  My non-formal poll is six weeks but I am trying to find something to more formally follow that up.

Jeff

WhatToDo

get a copy of the Michigan and Oklahoma Visitation Guidelines. It gives guidelines to be followed. The South Dakota guide gives specifics on visitation depending on age and also when a parent is more than a certain number of miles away. I would start there! You can probably find them online.

iLUVmySD

Though our case is in Arizona and Nevada, it might help.
My husband is primary custodial parent.  BM gets visitation.  They agreed on their plan in mediation.
BM gets one weekend per month usually one including a holiday or day off school.  She gets all of winter break and all but 1-1/2 weeks of the summer.
Our lawyer said usually in Arizona primary custodial parent will get at least 2 weeks in the summer, but since BM was willing to sign over primary custody, my husband didn't push the subject.
Looks like you should be getting more.
Also note: My SD is 7, and she has to take a non-stop flight to her mother's airport, which means we have to drive her to an airport that has a non-stop flight about 100 miles away.