Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 09:25:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best way to dispute child care

Started by joni, Apr 22, 2004, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

Has anyone had success in having this reduced?  How did you write it up as to be taken seriously.

My husband just put in for an evaulation to reduce child support and child care. Support is what it is, based on the 1040.

My question is how to dispute child care? We want this amount reduced from $600/month to $150.  What's the best way to submit this on the questionnaire?

It's a bogus amount, birth mother pays to the child's grandmother, who they live with. When the child care was established, mom worked nights and it was for 32 hours. Now, mom works while child is in school full time, at the most 10 hours.  

If mom does not claim child care on her 1040; ergo causing grandma to be taxed on the income, can we have the Friend of the Court through out the amount altogether?  Mom refuses to reduce amount on her own, says it's what she pays her mom. It's not arms length.

Do we just submit a request to lower this amount based on change in circumstances? IE...mom worked 32 hours/week while child at home and now child only has day care for 10?  I know also to show the market rate for the area.

Kitty C.

Using what she claims for childcare to the IRS is an excellent place to start, IMO.  Because if she were legitimately paying, she would have it listed on her return.  If there's nothing there, you've got your answer, AND by a govenment agency to boot.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......