Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 01:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Exchange/Visitation Question

Started by Jem, Jul 27, 2007, 11:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

I'm the custodial parent, and my daughter's father lives out of state.

In April, he sent the dates he would take for summer parent time, specifying only "before noon" as the exchange time.  I agreed with the dates, and offered to do the exchange at the airport, as we often do.

The next exchange date is Sunday, and he hasn't yet given me a specific time for our exchange.  I've emailed him, still no response.  (We're on an email-only communication plan:) )  I don't want to wait for hours at the airport with an excited kid---it's not fair to her.  What do people think is reasonable in this situation?  (There's really no language in our parenting plan governing exchange places or times.)

Thanks!
Jem

ocean

I would e-mail him back and tell him that he has until XX to let you know if he is taking his time this weekend and tell him you are making plans if you do not hear back from him.
Good luck!

mistoffolees

bcc yourself on the email so you have at least SOME evidence that you actually sent it.

Next time, send him a certified letter saying the same thing. Of course, you won't be able to do this 3 days before he's supposed to pick the kids up.

Jade

>bcc yourself on the email so you have at least SOME evidence
>that you actually sent it.
>
>Next time, send him a certified letter saying the same thing.
>Of course, you won't be able to do this 3 days before he's
>supposed to pick the kids up.

She may be able to set her e-mail settings to give her a delivery receipt.  I am able to do that, but it would depend on who is handling her e-mail.