Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:16:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kids being exposed to strep throat

Started by gemini3, Mar 17, 2008, 01:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

I swear things seem to come in waves.

We had an issue a couple of months ago of one of the kids being left home alone before school.  We had asked for her to be placed in the before school program (and offered to pay for it), but BM refused.  Instead she started dropping her off at her friends house, and she would catch the bus to school from there.  Apparently last week the friend was home from school all week with strep throat, but BM took her there anyway.  Guess what the child had when she came to visit this weekend?  Strep throat.

I know that I get worked up over things that we can't control sometimes.  Is this one of those things, or is there something we can do about this?

We're even more worried because the kids step-dad is supposedly leaving for 6 months to work out of state.  BM goes to school during the week, and isn't home when the kids get off the bus.  Step-dad has been there, but now he won't be.  We can't get her to give us a straight answer on what her school schedule is, or what she's doing for child care.  She said in counseling that she would "leave them on the street."

Does my husband have a right to know this?