Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 11:03:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good news! DS update..

Started by lucky, Feb 12, 2005, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky

Well, the program's therapist and the program's school liaison have made their stance VERY clear regarding the homeopathic remedy we've got ds on.  They do NOT like it and bluntly told the doctor so.  On the other hand, ds (even though there's a court order) is on a voluntary placement -- and WE (my insurance) are paying EVERY LAST DIME of the cost sooooo, either they go with it or they kick him out of the program.  We're not going to be pressured or forced or guilted into putting him back on traditional medication.  We haven't heard anything like they may release him if we don't comply, but we're prepared to take him back home and speedily set up family counseling for us on an outpatient basis, just in case.

BUT, he hasn't had an overnight home visit since mid-December -- only  a few hours at a time.  We were only supposed to have him for about 8 hours today, but DH took him to work with him and called and told the staff that he'd be late, could ds stay longer?  And, by the way, if he behaves well, could he stay overnight?  The therapist had only recommended/approved the 8 hours, but the staffer took it upon himself to approve overnight as long as ds's behavior remained good.  Which it has -- he has been EXCELLENT all day today.  So, he and dh are currently watching "Shark Tales" while I finish my work up.  Been at it all day and I'm about to pack it in, but I have a couple things to complete before I can do so.

I just wanted to update you all, especially after the way my week started.  I'm still working on getting in contact with everyone.  No one will call me back!  Plus, work went nuts so I didn't have much time to call anyone -- our boss went in on Wed. morning for an angiogram and ended up having bypass surgery on Thu. on SIX veins!  On Wed. morning about 10:00 one of our critical servers went down and we had 75% of the company at loose ends until 8:00 am on Friday.  (I'm in the IT department at my new company)  And our boss (who knows the systems inside-out) was in the hospital having heart surgery.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get our calendars organized to dole out the boss' work to the rest of us and can get back on a schedule, then I'll get lunch breaks again to make phone calls, etc. and I should get off work at my normal time, giving me some time to make phone calls.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

dsm

I'm happy for y'all!  It's about time something goes well!  How did the overnight go?

What's the update with DD????   I'm thinkin' about y'all.....

((((HUGS)))))

==============================================================================

dsm - 34
DH - 37
SD - 15
LO - 9
BB - 21months
------------------
2 Cheap Entertainment cats - Snoop & Dagger - 5 years and counting.....
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

hisliltulip

I'm so happy you're finally getting your "silver lining".

lucky

The overnight went well, he bucked a little at bedtime and lied to us about his bedtime at the cottage, but overall, not unusual for an 11 yo either!

Church & Sunday School the next morning were a little more difficult.  He didn't want to go and dh had a little trouble getting him moving 'cause I'd gone to the early Bible Study and was gone already.  The sermon was difficult because he's ADHD and the homeopathic remedy will take TIME -- lots of it.  So we got a children's bag and he read Mother Goose books during the sermon.  After Sunday School he began getting on dh about how much he hates church and Sunday School.  About 1/2 hour later we had to take him back.

BUT, overall, a VERY, VERY good visit.  A HUGE improvement over just 2-4 hours before he gets angry and sometimes violent.  He didn't get violent at all, just whiny, crying and bucky type behavior -- can't even really classify it as angry.

As for dd, no news yet, but work is finally calming down again so I should be able to spend some time on the phone.  My boss went in for an angiogram last Wed. and found out he had to have bypass surgery the next day (SIX veins!).  Also on Wed. morning, we lost one of our critical servers and 75% of the company was down for 2 days.  SO, we're finally getting on track again, but our boss will be out for nearly three months.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

lucky

Thanks, Beth.  It's taken a lot of time, but I think we're finally making headway.

[em]Lucky

- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

lucky

He gets an overnight this weekend too!  He really wants to come home, he's not ready yet, but at least he WANTS to, now.

[em]Lucky

- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

dsm

==============================================================================

dsm - 34
DH - 37
SD - 15
LO - 9
BB - 19 months
------------------
2 Cheap Entertainment cats - Snoop & Dagger - 5 years and counting.....
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is