Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 06:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finally Some Court Dates

Started by tharper001, May 17, 2004, 08:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tharper001

Well, we have finally received some court dates in June.  After my SD (11) almost made her father stop the custody battle, my husband has become very driven to see this thing through for the child's sake, even if the child ends up hating him.  Sometimes fathers know best!

Anyway, the first court date is the General Master hearing the mother's firing of her attorney.  Who knows if she'll even show up.  

Then we get to some good ones... the 2nd date is the General Master hearing our request for psychiatric evaluation.

The 3rd one is for the 8 counts of contempt that we have filed against the mother... can't wait for this one!

Hopefully, these will go in our favor.  Hopefully she will continue to either walk out (as she did in the deposition in March), and she'll just keep on representing herself... that will be the best thing that could ever happen.

I'll keep everyone updated so if our experience can help anyone else!  Thanks!

nosonew

Tharper,Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you!  You only have 8???

tharper001

We have so much documentation it's unbelievable.  For the proper protocol, we spelled out 8 recent violations.  I'm actually working on our filing system and we are returning it to the attorney this week.  We had to update and rearrange many documents that were sent to the attorney since October.

nosonew

Sorry, just thought it was funny.  We had over 120 the last time.  Wasn't pretty!  And I had read somewhere it is best to not bunch them up together, keep each incident separate.  Makes for a bigger picture, KWIM?  Good luck!

tharper001

We just got her school records for this year also.  Absent or tardy 42 times since she began the school in November.  Of course, she began the school year at a charter school -- her mom made a huge scene and basically got the child kicked out fo the charter school.  We knew from the get go that the child being in a charter school would never last because of the lack of parent involvement of the CP.

My 11 year old SD is failing two subjects, has an attendance record that is absolutely horrible... and we are just going to keep adding and adding to the documentation until we actually get a hearing date for the modification of custody... if it ever gets here.  Sure, there are three dates in June, and one is for the NCP's request for psychiatric evaluation... but still not a date for the actual modification of custody.

Well, it's an uphill battle but will be worth it when we finally get her and can save her life.