Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 04:09:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Great dad book for kids 3 thru 6

Started by DMcD, May 10, 2004, 04:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcD

Check out "Mister Seahorse" by Eric Carle. Many sea creatures have the main parenting roles reversed and the males are the primary caregivers of their young. Male seahorses get pregnant and give birth. Many of the other male sea creatures guard or carry their eggs with them. This book is great because it shows all the gentle, loving daddy sea creatures caring for their children. It is also educational because all the information is factual. And the pictures! Just beautiful. If any of you dads have younger kids, you have to get them this book. It's one of the few that I have seen lately that have positive father roles.

tjraid18

Sounds pretty good. I'll give it a try next time I have the kids. But I have to say ---- nothing can take the place of the lion king.
                                                                                         tj

oneandonly

My 2nd grade class just completed an author study of him and that was one of the books one of them chose to do a report on....
love his pictures too~

Dr.Stepmom

Thanks so much for the idea of a great book.  I plan to buy it for my husband for Father's day.

I went to Border's to buy it and had to ask for help when they were out-of-stock.  Speaking with an employee, I learned that Eric Carle is going to be signing books at the Border's in Davis, CA tomorrow May 16th at 1pm.  Luckily it isn't too far from me.  Hopefully some other parents who understand how important the role of a father is will have a chance to get a copy signed too.

Thanks for the tip!