Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

... and what should be his fate?

Started by MKx2, Dec 14, 2003, 05:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKx2

While the capture of Saddam Hussein is not [em]really[/em] on topic to SPARC ... his brutality against so many people and alliance to terrorism must NOT go unpunished.

So whaddaya'll think?

StPaulieGirl

I think it's a good topic.  I hope he spills the beans on France and Germany before we slooooowly feed him feet first into a plastic shredder.  

How about hanging him from a street light?  A quick bullet is too good for him.  If they try him for every crime he commited, it will drag on for 50 years.

Anyway, Happy Iraqi Independence Day!!!!

MKx2

Spilling the beans on France and Germany and a few OTHER things Like bin Laden) would definitely be a good thing ....

My personal preference is to  try him by a jury of Kurds and other Muslims, but NO Sunnis (as they were the "chosen" in his eyes) ... and mete out the same brutal acts he ordered on others ... the only difference being each one will be short of death.  Once he has endured all the degradation, humiliation and pain he brought to bear on others, walk him through the streets of Baghdad.  I'm quite sure the Muslim population there is far more effective than a rack.

Actually, I rather disgust myself with these thoughts - I'm normally quite peaceful, but this man is soooooo evil ....

Perhaps now Iraq can look forward with a bit more optimism for their country - I hope so.

MixedBag

WTG to all of those military folks who found and captured him.

The courts will decide the rest and I don't think they'll be too forgiving.

StPaulieGirl

I've read where some Arabs are calling him a woman, for not going down without a fight.  I guess besides shoe soles, that's a pretty serious insult over there.  

Oh no, the Sunnis are finished.  There is no joy in Tikrit tonight.  I think there should be a majority of Kurds on that jury.   As much as I would like to see him drawn and quartered, fortunately we're too civilized to even attempt to reach his level of cruelty.  He and his sons have committed unbelievable atrocities.  I think the only one who can punish Saddam properly is God.  

Having said that-tall tree, short rope, rotten produce.  Naaaah, still ain't good enough for him.  Hey let's throw him back in his rathole and seal the entrance!  Yeah, that's pretty cold )(

DMcD

His fate should be very little time left on this earth. I hope that whoever decides what shall become of him makes certain that we Americans are swift and merciless when dealing with those people who commit the unthinkable, horrendous crimes against humanity that this son of a bitch did.

Now as for HOW that justice might be done, I was thinking a pay-per-view special - Saddam in Pink Panties Getting Beat Up by Girls. Put him in the ring with a few prison women and let them have at him. Noe there's some humiliation for ya.

What I REALLY want to know is if our guys who were the ones to capture this satan incarnate will get the reward money. I hope that they do. Wouldn't THAT be a nice bonus/Christmas present for them. After all, there WAS a huge reward and I don't think they would mind splitting that up amongst the 600 or so soliders that executed the capture.

MKx2

is for "information leading to the capture."  CNN mentioned, earlier today, they didn't know just "how" the reward was going to be split.

Frankly, I think our boys and girls from the 4th Infantry should be able to divide the $25 million ... but I seriously doubt that will happen.

My biggest concern is that it was mentioned that "distant family members" were interrogated which led them to closer to "inner circle family members" who were then interrogated and that is how they got the information for his capture (well, that's the story WE'RE getting at this time) ... I realize that there may well be some members of his large extended family who are decent folk ... I just hate to think of anyone with even a chromosome from the same gene pool as this monster getting the money.

Geez - it might be nice if the "winner" donated it to the reconstruction of the government and country - what a NOVEL idea!

nerd

I hold no illusions that this man will ever suffer greatly for the atrocities he has done to humans.  I envision him living out a posh life in one of our government's upscale prisions for political prisioners where the razor wire is concealed among palm trees and rib roast is on the menu.  and I bet the water is always hot in the jacuzzi!  come on....we have all seen the news stories of these so called prisons.  unless he is sentenced to death, he will never be punished.  too famous..  I hear that these prisons have separate apartments for the lady visitors of "prisoners"  All will be well with hussein the insane.  please someone convince me differently, I want to sleep tonight!

MKx2

In part because he will be tried, sentenced and disposed of (in whatever manner is decided upon) in Iraq, not in the U.S.

Most middle-Eastern countries still believe in an eye for an eye.

If a bus driver runs over someone (even if the person ran in FRONT of the bus), the driver is pulled from the bus, tied up, laid on the ground and run over with the bus.  If he happens to live then he was innocent and it WAS an accident - Allah let him live.  If however he dies, then oh well!  He was guilty anyway.

Nerd - sleep well tonight - I don't think any posh hotel like prison awaits this jerk.

oklahoma

Actually I heard the news tonight mention an international tribunal.  They also mentioned it will be several months before any details are set for a trial--they want to get as much info out of him as possible.