Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 01:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FERPA help

Started by flybabydi, Mar 04, 2004, 09:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flybabydi

I called my son's school and was told they can *only* send paperwork to one parent, because they have over 500 students, and only room for one mailing address in the computer. Now what? They said all I can do is call and request individual things, not to regularly be kept up to date.
TIA for any rebuttals

Kitty C.

Double-click on FERPA, gather all the info on it from this site, send the school a letter telling them they are in FEDERAL violation by NOT giving you the info, that you expect them to comply, or you will take the matter to the state dept. of education.  They can lose precious funding if they are found to not be in compliance.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

joni

follow through on this, other fathers have done the same procedure above and have gotten results.  Also, they deserve to be reported for being so biased against custodial parents.

StPaulieGirl

That's total BS.  My ex requested(actually pompously demanded-I saw his grammatic nightmare of a letter, all in caps)the children's school records.  I brought my copy of the divorce paperwork showing that he had a legal right to the info, and that was that.  Now, I have no idea if he is actually getting anything, because we don't speak to each other.

I'm not up on the law, but I don't see why they can't send you a schedule of events and the report cards.  What's the big deal?