Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 01:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anybody wanna be a judge???

Started by msme, May 21, 2004, 11:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msme

It is family court, Wichita County, Wichita Falls, Texas. There is a judge, Juanita Pavlick, who is coming up for re-election this fall. She is never opposed. This woman is severely prejudiced & makes her decisions based on these prejudices. We would like to see her replaced. I have been researching the requirements for the position & as soon as I get the results, I will post them. Perhaps someone knows an attorney who would like to be a judge & who will put children first.

Kitty C.

You live in a fairly large area, but have you ever thought of running an editorial campaign against her?  Somehow letting the public know just what kind of judge she is and urge them to NOT vote for her?  Definitely will make people think twice about her and maybe encourage someone to step up to the plate.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

msme

As prejudice as she is, can you imagine what she will do if we piss her off?

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Peanutsdad

So dont step up to the editorial campaign yourself,, proxy it out!!

Hawkeye

She can't do anything if you don't have a pending case can she?  I agree with Kitty... Can you access and keep track of this judge's actions?

msme

Sorry for the delay in answering. Been quite sick.

While we do not have a directly open case, she oversees anything that goes on in any case she has handled. Right now, she is writing her own rules & if we challenge her, it will piss her off & she will retaliate.

We looked into getting changed to another judge but she is the one who decides if you can change. To request a change, you have to say why. Lets see, We want to change because you are biased & not concerned about the well being of the children. Yep, that should make her day.

Think it would be easier to get someone else elected.