Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 11:08:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hello... new and would like advice

Started by catholicmom, Jun 04, 2004, 11:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catholicmom

I think you make a great point about the fear of losing control. It's really not at all a trivial concern... and it takes a lot of strength to keep that fear from poisoning everything we do.

I try to pray for my son's father. I think it's really important to do so. I would recommend that anyone who has animosity towards their ex pray for them. And I mean to say that we should pray for them in a very positive way. We should pray that they are blessed in every way and made happy. This helps us to let go of our animosity.

Also, I try to pray to St. Joseph about the parenting issues. I'm pretty sure his father won't do anything catastrophically bad, and I can only pray that we both do what is BEST for our son. St. Joseph is good to pray to because he was chosen by God to be the custodial parent of Our Lord, and is therefor the ultimate model of fatherhood.

rainbow1

Sounds like you don't really trust this guy. Maybe you should consider asking him to terminate his parental rights. Might save you and your son a lot of trouble and heart ache down the line.

jilly

LOL...I WISH my hubby paid less than $200 a month in child support!! Forgive me for laughing because you are obviously new to this whole "culture", but it just shows what the "average" person believes about child support.

My hubby has 2 children (both by different women). We have a 2 year old daughter. He pays almost $1,000 a month in child support. I know that this is "small" compared to what some people pay, but for us it's a huge amount.

Congratulations on the birth of your son!

kiddosmom

A parent cannot 'teminate' their parental rights unless there is someone there to step up and take the responcibility ie: adoption.

You can file in court for sole custody, but that will be hard unless the father agrees.
A parent can give up his / her rights to visit child/ren but they cannot give up the support obligation unless as above another is ther to take up that responcibility.