Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:36:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Selfishly needing your prayers, too.............

Started by Kitty C., Aug 25, 2004, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I have a BIG interview coming up Friday morning, for the position I applied for 3 weeks ago.  I have been told there were FORTY applicants to the position..........but I have pulled every string I could find, have listed some impeccable references, and feel that I have a really good shot at this position.  I'm putting all my EMS experience and training on the line, and including any derivation of it.

I haven't done this (been to a formal interview) for a long time so I'm VERY nervous!  If I do get this position, my days and hours will change.....and DH and DS are willing to deal with it.  It can also open many other doors for me, it pays more, and I don't even have any idea yet where it could take me!

So all I ask is for calm nerves, a clear mind, and a willing listener for an interviewer!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

lucky

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

MYSONSDAD

I have no doubts that you will do just fine. Take ten deep breathes.

But I will send some prayers and very good thoughts anyway...

Think positive!

"Children learn what they live"

joni

I think the 39 others should be very nervous about going up against you.  You'll do great!!!!

StPaulieGirl

You have my prayers and best wishes!  This sounds like a wonderful opportunity.  You'll do just fine :-)

Stepmom0418

You are in our prayers as you have been since this all began. I think you will do fine. Just relax (as hard as it may be) and be yourself. Good luck and keep us posted!

gmaoftwo

Kitty, you know you always have my prayers!!  May that new job be yours!!

Kitty C.

Had the interview this morning.  All I can say is............WOW.  It was a panel of 3 and they had a list of prepared questions, ones that really make you stop and think.

I was told at the beginning of the interview that the field of applicants was large and was congratulated for making the cut.  So they must have cut the field down tremendously, as they are only interviewing today at 40 min. intervals.  At the end of the interview, I was told I came with a lot of experience and that they would be making a decision early next week.

If I get it, they will be sending me to the state LE academy for a 48 hour course, which would make me nationally certified.

The last question they asked was an interesting one.  If I had the power and control to do whatever I wanted, what would it be?  I said it would be to get my EMT-PS degree/certification, because as it is right now, I don't have the money or time to do so.  From the look on the captain's face, I don't think he was expecting that kind of response!

So now I wait again!!!!!!  :-)

Thank you ALL for your thoughts and prayers!  It never ceases to amaze me just how powerful it is!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

true

Hey there,

Say, I am curious as to where you are apply if I may ask as I have a little over ten years experience as a medic (single mom) almost all of that time.

You will do well given the opportunity from the sounds of it. You are in my families prayers and I hope that what you seek is how it all works out for you and yours.

Sincerely,
True

Kitty C.

Right now I'm a volunteer, starting 10 years ago as a First Responder and becoming an EMT-B about 3 years ago.   I live in Small Town, Iowa.

I consider this position a 'notch on my belt', so to speak.   It's another certification I can add to my resume for public safety and something I've been wanting to do, even part-time, for a long time.  I have a friend who is currently running for sheriff in my county (and looks to clinch the election) who said he'd be willing to hire me in a heartbeat as a PT dispatcher when he gets into office.   The outcome of this postion will determine whether I'm able to take him up on that!