Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stopping Back to See How Everyone Is

Started by POC, Feb 11, 2007, 06:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POC

It's been a while since I've posted at SPARC. How is everyone? I've been trying to get something started a bit more locally in FL, but am not quite there. Here is a link to the start of what is to come - http://flcfc.com/. Let me know what you think.

Sorry I've been away for so long.

MixedBag

or rather name.

Plugging along, moving forward.

Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for me and my family.

POC

I'm in the chat room right now - about 8:30 Wed PM. It's been so long that I have no idea what goes on around here any longer. Is there any certain time of day or night that people chat more than others now? Or, are some days of the week typically busier than others? I would like to catch up and see how some people are doing.

Ref

I think your webpage has a nice beginning. I can't wait to see the end result. You probably don't remember me because I have since changed my name, but I sure remember you.

My SD and her BM live in Florida, so I know that system pretty well, even though we live in PA.

One thing I would love to start is a program to educate public schools on their FERPA obligations so that all children can have both their parents help them with schoolwork. Maybe that is something that can be addressed on your webpage.

Anyway. Welcome back.

Ref

POC

Ref,

What was your name before? I agree about FERPA. However, my county must have gotten the message (not from me either), because some parts of its policies look like they were copied and pasted.

If there is anything that I can help out with in Florida, let me know. I am encouraged about some correspondence that I have had with a few legislators.

Ref

It seemed that over the past year or two, SD's handbook has a section on access for both parents. It is a wonderful start, but I think the administrators still need some training on it. At this point, it is much better, but it still takes forever to get any information. Now at least DH can point to the handbook and it moves things along a little better.

Oh! I think my name was Janifer. I think I started here in 2002 and kept the name until the format of the site changed.

Ref

POC

In my county parents can go to an online gradebook. I can check the grades of my son 24/7. I can email his teachers, and they do respond. Is the system perfect? Well, I'll just say that was never the expectation. I'm not normally at a loss for words, but since I don't have a better suggestion, I'm not going to be the one to complain about system and policies that they have now.