Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

need help

Started by LTaylor71, May 03, 2007, 10:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTaylor71

I just found out the my daughters step mom is hitting her.she is scared to tell anyone because of the things that are going on at home.I live in another state and her dad is giving me custody June 14th but she has to stay there until then,unless someone can give me some advice and turn me in the right direction.please help me.I dont know what to do since I dont have custody and dont want to mess up the plans for June.

notnew

Your daughter needs to report this to a teacher, guidance counselor or call the police herself.

You can report it to CPS and hope they get it right, but you know they may not.

I wish I could tell you more.

How old is your daughter?

LTaylor71

Jade

>I just found out the my daughters step mom is hitting her.she
>is scared to tell anyone because of the things that are going
>on at home.I live in another state and her dad is giving me
>custody June 14th but she has to stay there until then,unless
>someone can give me some advice and turn me in the right
>direction.please help me.I dont know what to do since I dont
>have custody and dont want to mess up the plans for June.

Talk to an attorney in the child's state.  I don't think that I would rock the boat if you don't think she will testify about the abuse.  And it may take longer than June 14th to get a hearing.  

But once you have custody, file to keep the stepmother away from your child when she is visiting her father.  File abuse charges against her (again, your daughter would need to testify and given her age, the courts will listen to her).  

And once your child has established residency in your state, file to have the case moved to your state.

backwardsbike

Teachers, school counsleor etc are mandated reporters.  Please let your daughter know that she needs to go to these people for help.  IS there any way to move up the date that you get custody?