Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 02:45:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Judges

Started by oklahoma, Jun 08, 2004, 11:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahoma

Just curious.... I was going through my husband's "Child Support" file and noticed that the same judge signed every single order in there.  There were a few times that she crossed off another judge's name and signed her own.  This is in a huge county in a major metropolitan area.  And it was 6-7 orders that she had signed over 4 years.

The reason I noticed this time through was because it was the same judge that halted my husband's visitation rights in October 2002.  (All of the child support orders except one were prior to 2002, and before my husband ever stepped foot in her courtroom.)  She also ordered herself to be the judge of record for his case--NOT a good thing for us.

Question:  Is it usual for a judge to take such an interest in one particular case?  Or do you think it is just a bunch of weird coincidences?

socrateaser

>Question:  Is it usual for a judge to take such an interest in
>one particular case?  Or do you think it is just a bunch of
>weird coincidences?

Neither. A judge once assigned to a case, remains on that case until the case is closed, the judge leaves the bench, or recuses him/herself.

I have no idea why a judge would strike a different judge's signature and then insert their own in its place. Not enough facts to comment.