Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 12:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PA to SC relocation

Started by Jasdav1, Aug 19, 2004, 07:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasdav1

My ex and i have been separated since July 03.  Immediately after separation, She and her family directly threatened to move my wife with daughters ages 6 & 8 to SC.  I filed for relief and had hearing set for Feb 04.  We attended required parenting classes and mediation to set-up visitation.  In mediation we came to an agreement on our visitation schedule. She then changed her mind on the move and agreed to stay in PA. My attorney wrote up custody agreement from mediation which i signed and we sent to my Ex and her attorney.  My ex was supposed to sign custody agreement which included her agreement to stay in PA in exchange for cancellation of plowman relief hearing.  Her attorney promised on multiple occasions that agreement was signed and was sent to my attorney.  We never received agreement and hearing date passed.  

My Ex changed her mind again and herself filed to leave to SC again.  I have a hearing Aug 26(1 week).

I have alway and consistantly been a minimum of equal caregiver.  My ex went to school full time for 3 years and worked while my daughters were babies.  She is a nurse and has often worked night and evening shifts.  I bathed, fed, clothed, etc these girls during these times and more.

Since deciding to relocate AGAIN, my ex has also decided to deny summer Wednesday overnights which were agreed upon in mediation(eventhough she never signed that agreement).  She actually called the police when i went to get them.  
She has promised my girls a house in SC with 3 acres, pool, and their own rooms.  I refuse to stoop to such tactics.
Her arguement to leave is that she can't get a full time RN job in Pittsburgh!  She can't afford house she in.  And she missed her family.

I basically wanted to know what anyone thinks my chances are to keep my girls Home where they belong.  Will my court appointed mediation agreement hold any weight eventhough she never signed it?  We did stop mediation because we agreed!  
 Thanks in advance for any advice.

jilly

If she didn't sign it then it was never filed with the court, therefore there is no agreement in place and she can pretty much do whatever she wants.

Kitty C.

......that agreement, regardless of being signed, means that they did come to an agreement in mediation and now she's reneging...soemthing I don't think the judge would take too kindly.  Plus she's filing for hte  SAME thing again.  Bet one of the FIRST questions the judge asks is WHY is this happening again so soon, when an agreement wqas made in mediation and why wasn't that agreement signed?  And that will be directed at the ex and her atty.  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

jilly

True....and her attorney is going to have to prove that he actually did send an executed copy to the other attorney.  And you're right...the judge won't be happy but looks like that's going to be the only option. Go before the judge and let the judge give her and her attorney a tongue lashing. :D

harlequin

That's horses*** in and of itself.  There is a profound shortage of RN's all over the nation.

msme

I would start collecting copies of the classified ads from the Sunday papers, starting with the date you stopped mediation. I would highlight the ads for RN's & then write the total number at the top of each page. Also make a cover page, inventorying all the ads with a total & date for each page.

So much for her claim of no jobs.

Good luck & God bless.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

nosonew

mediation is a waste of both time and money!  You need to make sure if "mediation" is suggested, that it is court ordered that any agreements are written up by the mediator, signed in front of the mediator by both parties, and sent to the court for an official order.  In my state we call it case management.  Otherwise, either party can "reneg"...total waste...