Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 05:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer visitation for custodial

Started by socrateaser, Apr 12, 2005, 02:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Last year DH went to mediation with his ex to change visitation. She was only allowing him 2 weeks out of 12 for the summer, 1 week around xmas, and daughter's birthday weekend. We live in PA and she and SD live in FL. This is what the mediation statement says about summer visitation.

1. The parties agee to adopt the Escambia County Shared Parenting Schedule and Shared Parental Responsibility Statement...except as modified hereinafter.

B. Subsequent summer visitation shall begin on the 15th day following the last day of school prior to summer vacation and shall terminate on the 7th day preceding the commencement of the new school year.

This is the link to the Escambia County Shared Parenting Schedule.

http://www.stephentholman.com/CM/OnlineForms/SharedParental.pdf

Thank you for everything you have done for me
1. BM is claiming that she has the right to visitation in Fl with SD for July 4th weekend. DH beleives that the "except as modified hereinafter" statement means that he has all summer uninterupted. How do you see it?

socrateaser

>Thank you for everything you have done for me
>1. BM is claiming that she has the right to visitation in Fl
>with SD for July 4th weekend. DH beleives that the "except as
>modified hereinafter" statement means that he has all summer
>uninterupted. How do you see it?

The parenting plan gives July 4 to the PRP in odd numbered years. This is 2005, therefore BM gets July 4. The only thing that the modification changes is the start and end date for summer visitation.

That's my interpretation, although, I must say, that as a judicially created standard plan goes, this is one of the poorer worded documents I've read. I won't be surprised if you have other confusions.

TwoBoys

I just want to second the opinion on how poorly this is worded.

BUT - it does seem to give you more time if you could get the standard summer visitation.

My H's case is in Escambia county - if you dont mind, what judge do you have and i may be able to give you some information on how that judge might normally rule (ours is a LD visitation/custody case as well - the PRP is 8 hours away).

:)

TwoBoys...

Ref

I think his name is Kenneth Williams. From what I have heard, he is a very father-friendly guy. Pretty good to know. Do you have an attorney in the area?

TwoBoys

We DID have an atty and we are now pro se.  I can tell you a couple of attorneys NOT to use, and I can recommend one that has a very good reputation if youre interested :)

Most of the judges in Escambia County have a history of being very fair to the fathers, at the very least, and allowing extended visits particularly when there is a great distance between the parties.  When H's son was only a year old, we were awarded one week per month due to the 8 hours of travel time.  BUT, we have a different judge (our judge is actually the head of that circuit i believe)

TwoBoys...