Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 06:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OT, but have a ??

Started by hagatha, Jun 29, 2005, 10:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hagatha

Soc,

I am having a problem with a co-worker. She has been bad-mouthing me for quite some time. I have been blowing her crap off as much as possible.

However, recently I was given a chance at a supervisory position. This position does not pay any more but would be a stepping stone to a better position. Due to this co-workers lying I was removed from the position. (BTW this co-worker is best friends with the assistant manager)

I addressed my concerns with my manager and was assured it would be taken care of asap. Unfortunately my manager became ill and is out of work for the next 6-8 wks. The assistant manager is now acting manager. She has given the position I was training for to her "best-friend"

1.) Do I have a case for a defimation suit since I lost the position due to the co-workers lying even though the position did not increase my pay?

2.) If I do have a cause of action suit, would it be just against the co-worker or would th company be involved also?

Thanks for your thoughts

The Witch

Remember . . . KARMA is a Wonderful Thing!!!!!

socrateaser

What can you prove with objective docmented evidence or testimony of a disinterested third party?

I can give you lots of theory, but without some good proof, no one will take your case.

hagatha

Soc,

I would have to use the other cashiers that have told me what was said to them. Also when I asked my manager why I was removed from the position  she stated he had heard "things" from other cashiers.

I guess I would have to depose my manager and have her state what she heard and say that was the reason I was removed. The other cashiers would be able to state what they were told and by whom.

How much testimony would I actually need to meet the requirements?

Thanks,
The Witch
Remember . . . KARMA is a Wonderful Thing!!!!!

socrateaser

>Soc,
>
>I would have to use the other cashiers that have told me what
>was said to them. Also when I asked my manager why I was
>removed from the position  she stated he had heard "things"
>from other cashiers.
>
>I guess I would have to depose my manager and have her state
>what she heard and say that was the reason I was removed. The
>other cashiers would be able to state what they were told and
>by whom.
>
>How much testimony would I actually need to meet the
>requirements?

Your case for a lawsuit isn't good, because you didn't lose any serious money in this deal. But, as a strategy to have the other employee disciplined, and for getting you some recognition, having at least two cashiers who will speak in your favor, could go a long way to getting you what you want, without any actual legal action. Think about how you can accomplish that.