Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 06:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

For Justme73...

Started by socrateaser, Jun 27, 2005, 11:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socrateaser

Think I accidently deleted your thread. Sorry.

justme73

no problem... i'm not going to worry about that right now.

however, i would like to know... who could i pay to edit/rewrite my documents for me?

i am working on a summary for the evaluator. another evaluator i know said that she really likes summaries of the issues at hand, including the contempt issues.

i am just not as fluent as some people that have legal and custody experience.

i have notes typed up. i have always typed up things for my attorney... i typed each contempt charge and referred to the section, paragraph and line that was violated and then i typed her notes to use to prepare before the contempt hearing so that she could familiarize herself quickly.

with respect to modification so far i have written:
"1.Our daughter developed a medical condition (asthma) which the Former Husband has demonstrated an inability to manage. The Former Husband had willfully and knowingly denied the child necessary preventative medications, ...

and i'm stuck.. have the notes, just can't word them right and briefly.

socrateaser

>no problem... i'm not going to worry about that right now.
>
>however, i would like to know... who could i pay to
>edit/rewrite my documents for me?

How much do you want to pay? Loads of college (law) students who need extra dough.

justme73

got someone to help me with verbage. thanks for the idea.

our daughter was diagnosed with asthma in 2002. the other parent stopped administering preventative medication mid-2003, admittedly. following a dcfs investigation initiated by her pediatrician, the other parent then gave her the medication, but still disregards other treatment and advised precautions (ie smoking around her, and getting more indoor animals she has tested severly allergic to)

during the past 6 months she has become more ill. she is experiencing chronic sinusitis, i believe caused by allergies which has in turn has caused her asthma symptoms to increase in frequency and severity.

she has been on three oral steroids in the past 6 months and because of her increased asthma symptoms, on may 31, her allergist not only increased the dosage of her daily preventative inhaled steroid, but added two more meds for daily prevention and allergy control. this means that our daughter is now on 5 different daily medications!

my daughter gets sick when she goes to her dad's house. it has been more noticeable lately. for the most recent infection, she was on a 21 day antibiotic that started on june 2 and

"she was 100% better by june 17 when her dad picked her up, but a few days later she was congested, having headaches and not sleeping again"  

this is what stepmom said to us on monday, the 27th. we picked her up at 3:30 on the 27th and within 24 hours of being at our house she was 100% better.

in an email a couple of hours ago, dad wrote me when i suggested that i believed it was environmental factors affecting her health. he admits that he has been discussing with his wife that their home could be making her sick (i leave these on the local server for authenticity)

since the allergist told him our daugher was allergic to cats and dogs, rats, etc... and told him:

'we are all adults her and what we want to do is use common sense... since raina has tested positive for these allergens, we want to reduce, if not eliminate her exposure to those allergens'

in the past 30 days dad had gotten a new indoor puppy and a new indoor cat, which our daughter says sleeps on her bed! and she still sees him smoking, but she says he hides it behind her back.

we have an appointment with the allergist on july 22 to discuss it with him. hopefully the other parent will show up for that appointment.

1. at the allergist appointment, can i request that only the other parent, our daughter and myself be present during the appointment with the doctor? can i make that happen by requesting it? or how do i do that?

2. is there anything else we can do?

note: i am in the middle of evaluation (attorney evaluator), but the other parent has not even called her yet.

socrateaser

>1. at the allergist appointment, can i request that only the
>other parent, our daughter and myself be present during the
>appointment with the doctor? can i make that happen by
>requesting it? or how do i do that?

The physician controls his/her office. Your request isn't unreasonable, but the doctor may not want to be in the middle of a battle. In order to force the issue, you would need to obtain a restraining order against the step parent.
>
>2. is there anything else we can do?

See above (assuming I understand your questoin correctly).

>note: i am in the middle of evaluation (attorney evaluator),
>but the other parent has not even called her yet.

Imagine my surprise!

justme73

1. is there anything else we can do?
i mean about the situation. the only advice my attorney could give me is to mention it to the evaluator and ask what she recommends. in the mean time... our daughter goes back to dad's in a couple of weeks.

dad has just moved into new home recently. the home is run down; he said no one has occupied it for some time. is there a way i can look into if he had a mold inspection done on the home upon inspection? and get a copy of the inspection report.

part of the point about requesting the stepparent not to attend is that it makes the allergist very defensive. overwhelms him to have four parents in conflict at an appointment.

the other reason, is that dad has gotten to where he doesn't communicate with me and forces me to communicate with his wife. i have found the reason is that she is more of a PR person and can do damage control on issues, whereas dad will just offer up damaging information to the doctor... stepmom has provided false information and at times contradictory information from what dad says.

the pulmonologist actually told dad at the last appointment that stepmom needed to stop calling the nurses, because they will not give her information. he told dad, he needs to get involved and that this was something that needed to be dealt with between he and i. i have a recording of that appointment.

so, is my only recorse to let the evaluator know about the situation?

socrateaser

>so, is my only recorse to let the evaluator know about the
>situation?

You could contact the allergist in advance and ask him, hypothetically, if you ask him to not admit the step mom to the consult, what would he do?

The allergist controls his office and who he will admit to a consultation. He can tell the step mom to leave -- he can also tell everyone to get lost, because he doesn't want to deal with the controversy anymore.

You could ask the GAL to get involved and perhaps a suggestion from him/her would keep step mom from the appointment. But, only a judge can order that no one other than the parents and physician be involved in the appointment.

So, if you really want to stop this from happening, you will need a restraining order against the other parent, instructing him to not bring anyone else with him to the consult.