Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:20:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deposition

Started by rainbow1, Jul 23, 2005, 09:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow1

My ex was scheduled to turn over her financial info on April 30, for a yearly C.S. review (I am payor, she is primary residential), of course my attorney received nothing and the ex wouldn't take her phone calls or answer letters. My attorney scheduled her, by court order for a financial deposition this past week. The ex sent a relative to pick up our child from me and take the child to her at a 5 day music festival the day before the depo. I called my attorney the next day at the scheduled time of the depo thinking she finally sent the info. They were waiting for her at that time. No info received, no call to reschedule. They have a certified signed receipt to prove she was served.  I informed them of her whereabouts. Needless to say, my attorney is furious! My attorney is filing contempt on the ex.  Our C.S. modification hearing is the middle of next week.                                                                                               1. What CAN the judge do to her?                                                       2. What is most likely to happen?                                                   State of Wisconsin, Joint legal & physical, shared placement

socrateaser

>My ex was scheduled to turn over her financial info on April
>30, for a yearly C.S. review (I am payor, she is primary
>residential), of course my attorney received nothing and the
>ex wouldn't take her phone calls or answer letters. My
>attorney scheduled her, by court order for a financial
>deposition this past week. The ex sent a relative to pick up
>our child from me and take the child to her at a 5 day music
>festival the day before the depo. I called my attorney the
>next day at the scheduled time of the depo thinking she
>finally sent the info. They were waiting for her at that time.
>No info received, no call to reschedule. They have a certified
>signed receipt to prove she was served.  I informed them of
>her whereabouts. Needless to say, my attorney is furious! My
>attorney is filing contempt on the ex.  Our C.S. modification
>hearing is the middle of next week.                          
>                                                              
>    1. What CAN the judge do to her?            

Jail sentence, community service (pick up trash on highway), monetary fine, asset seizure

2. What is most likely to happen?

Depends on judge and attorney. Usually the judge will try to ascertain if the obligor has an asset that can be sold by the Sheriff to cover the amount due. If not, judge may give obligor a few days in the county jail as encouragement to pay the bill.