Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 08:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

An Update and a Thank-you

Started by Lyrael924, Jul 29, 2005, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrael924

Soc-

Our case is the case of the 8-year-old boy, living in Oregon with mom, who has sole legal and physical custody. We are trying for visitation with him. Dad lives in Illinois and has no visitation rights currently. We have a child support order in place from Hawaii.

I called the courthouse today to confirm that they received the documents we mailed. The postal service listed them as delivered at 10am tomorrow. I got the runaround from the front desk clerk, and he said that he couldn't possibly help me unless I specifically knew the name of the person who received. Return receipts can take up to a month to receive!

So, instead of giving up and throwing things (which was my first impulse), I called the domestic relations facilitator. Her assistant dug up the papers for me, had the clerk enter them, and then put our stuff on Ms. Vaughn's (facilitator) desk for her review. So we got them filed!

I know that's small potatoes, but actually getting something entered, and having the facilitator to guide us through the process is WONDERFUL. Thanks so much for your help in moving things forward. Especially for letting us know we could file the registration and motion for OSC at the same time.

Thanks and we'll keep you updated!
:)

socrateaser