Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 08:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New...more...garbage :-(

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, Sep 04, 2005, 05:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I cry_ in_the_dark

(Joint legal, X has primary physical)

As usual...my daughter got grounded over the weekend while she's here with me, for things she didn't do.... We received a phone call Friday night with all the specifics...but anyways...

As we were expecting, her phone was removed from her bedroom. We were thinking one step ahead, and I slipped her my tracfone before I dropped the kids off.

My court order states that my kids can call me anytime they want. It has been standard for 2 years, that my girl climbs into bed and calls me. Removing her phone halts that.

1.) Do they have any right to take my tracfone from her?

2.) If they do take it from her, what are my options?

I cry_ in_the_dark

By the same token...I recently wrote you in regards to me moving. Because of my move, I am going to get an actual cell phone instead of a tracfone. My intent is to purchase 2 cell phones on the plan, one of which will go to my daughter.

1.) Will they have any control over this phone?

socrateaser

>(Joint legal, X has primary physical)
>
>As usual...my daughter got grounded over the weekend while
>she's here with me, for things she didn't do.... We received a
>phone call Friday night with all the specifics...but
>anyways...
>
>As we were expecting, her phone was removed from her bedroom.
>We were thinking one step ahead, and I slipped her my tracfone
>before I dropped the kids off.
>
>My court order states that my kids can call me anytime they
>want. It has been standard for 2 years, that my girl climbs
>into bed and calls me. Removing her phone halts that.
>
>1.) Do they have any right to take my tracfone from her?

Yes, but they cannot keep it from you. If they do, call the police and report a theft.

>2.) If they do take it from her, what are my options?

In addition to the above, you can file for contempt. Grounding the child for doing things related to being a child is one thing. There is zero justification for preventing the child from speaking with you on the phone for such reasons.

joni

Why don't you consider writing your Ex and let her know, that although you appreciate that as a parent, she needs to discipline your child, that discipline does not include infringing on your parenting time.  Phone contact is parenting time.  You understand being grounded from talking to her friends but not from you.  You need to put her on notice.  I'm not sure sneaking your child a phone is the right message to send to your Ex, or your child.

I cry_ in_the_dark

My X is a HE, not a she.

I appreciate what you have to say but...
I'm guessing you haven't seen any of my postings over the last two years or what I have had to deal with.

Slipping my girl my phone is small potatoes to keep my parenting rights compared to the blatant contempts that he has repeatedly committed.
And I'll just leave it at that.

I cry_ in_the_dark

(Joint legal, X has primary physical)

As usual...my daughter got grounded over the weekend while she's here with me, for things she didn't do.... We received a phone call Friday night with all the specifics...but anyways...

As we were expecting, her phone was removed from her bedroom. We were thinking one step ahead, and I slipped her my tracfone before I dropped the kids off.

My court order states that my kids can call me anytime they want. It has been standard for 2 years, that my girl climbs into bed and calls me. Removing her phone halts that.

1.) Do they have any right to take my tracfone from her?

2.) If they do take it from her, what are my options?

I cry_ in_the_dark

By the same token...I recently wrote you in regards to me moving. Because of my move, I am going to get an actual cell phone instead of a tracfone. My intent is to purchase 2 cell phones on the plan, one of which will go to my daughter.

1.) Will they have any control over this phone?

socrateaser

>(Joint legal, X has primary physical)
>
>As usual...my daughter got grounded over the weekend while
>she's here with me, for things she didn't do.... We received a
>phone call Friday night with all the specifics...but
>anyways...
>
>As we were expecting, her phone was removed from her bedroom.
>We were thinking one step ahead, and I slipped her my tracfone
>before I dropped the kids off.
>
>My court order states that my kids can call me anytime they
>want. It has been standard for 2 years, that my girl climbs
>into bed and calls me. Removing her phone halts that.
>
>1.) Do they have any right to take my tracfone from her?

Yes, but they cannot keep it from you. If they do, call the police and report a theft.

>2.) If they do take it from her, what are my options?

In addition to the above, you can file for contempt. Grounding the child for doing things related to being a child is one thing. There is zero justification for preventing the child from speaking with you on the phone for such reasons.

joni

Why don't you consider writing your Ex and let her know, that although you appreciate that as a parent, she needs to discipline your child, that discipline does not include infringing on your parenting time.  Phone contact is parenting time.  You understand being grounded from talking to her friends but not from you.  You need to put her on notice.  I'm not sure sneaking your child a phone is the right message to send to your Ex, or your child.

I cry_ in_the_dark

My X is a HE, not a she.

I appreciate what you have to say but...
I'm guessing you haven't seen any of my postings over the last two years or what I have had to deal with.

Slipping my girl my phone is small potatoes to keep my parenting rights compared to the blatant contempts that he has repeatedly committed.
And I'll just leave it at that.