Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:45:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

evaluation for modification

Started by justme73, Jan 12, 2006, 07:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme73

our evaluator called me a few days ago, following the other parent's home visit and had a few questions for me.

during the conversation she stated that 'it seems there has been no substantial change to warrant a modification'

of course i followed with my reasons for believing a substantial change had occurred, however....

1. has she just revealed to me her decision?

2. is there anything i can do about it or do i just have to wait around for the report?

socrateaser

>1. has she just revealed to me her decision?

I think so, unless what you told her was different than what she already knew about the case.

>2. is there anything i can do about it or do i just have to
>wait around for the report?

Send her a letter, stating that you understand her comment re no substantial change, but that you believe a substantial change has occured, because of a, b, c, etc. Don't be adversarial, don't even question her views -- just list your specific reasons.

When you read your reasons back to yourself, you may decide that you agree with the evalulator, or that the evaluator is nuts and you want to try to discredit her evaluation.

From reading my other posts, I'm sure you realize that getting a new custody hearing requires some pretty outrageous acts on the part of the other parent, so none of this should be coming as a surprise to you.