Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Update and some questions

Started by mykidsdad, Feb 07, 2006, 03:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykidsdad

Good evening Soc,

A quick update...

I took my daughter to see a real pediatrician on the 25th of January. He said that it does not completely look like she is ADHD, and requested that she be tested by a child psychologist, and a neurologist.

We are in the process of getting all of her appointments set up, and insurance in place.. I have recently  been able to get her BM to talk with me on civil terms without all of the drama, and we have discussed about most of what is going to need to be done, and I suggested to her, that she let me have our daughter live with me during the course of all of the testing and most of the treatment phases..

BM has agreed to let me do this, as she has told me quote "I do not have time to spend with DD to work with her.." So I told her that I did have the time, plus my wife works for herself, and can plan her schedule around our daughters needs to work with her when I can not..

I explained to her that I have all kinds of help on my side that is willing to accommodate anything that DD needs to go to, or be worked on with her..

The only thing is that my insurance will not cover the special treatments, and diagnosis that needs to be done, which means $1200 dollars for the evaluations, then $1500 to $3500 a month for the different therapy sessions..

By law she is required to pay 50% of all Medical costs that
insurance doesn't cover.. With that said I know that she will not want to, nor will she pay her half of what insurance doesn't cover..

My questions are as follows..  ( We all reside in Texas, and in the same county..)

1) Is it possible for me to get the court to waive my child support for the time that our daughter lives with me since we would each be have a child in our care (we have 2 kids together) ???

2) If not for that reason, could I get a stipulation to wave child support in lieu of her not having to pay 50% of the medical??

3) What would be your suggestion on this??

4) If the therapy lasts for more than six months, like it is supposed to what are the chances of me being able to get custody of my daughter??

socrateaser

>1) Is it possible for me to get the court to waive my child
>support for the time that our daughter lives with me since we
>would each be have a child in our care (we have 2 kids
>together) ???

If the other parent voluntarily relinquishes custody, that is a substantial change in circumstances affecting the child's best interests, and it entitles you to a new custody hearing.

Of course, if the other parent realizes that her actions will effectively grant you primary custody and obligate her for support, she will never relinquish. So, you need to be very careful about the steps you take.

I just gave the same advice to another poster about how to ease into the custody arrangement. I suggest you read the other recent posts and find my advice and follow it exactly as I gave it to that poster.

[a href=http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=106&topic_id=9267&mesg_id=9268&page=]Click me![/a]

>2) If not for that reason, could I get a stipulation to wave
>child support in lieu of her not having to pay 50% of the
>medical??

You can stipulate to whatever you want as long as it's in the child's best interests. However, I strongly suggest that you don't do anything until you have a signed and notarized document from the other parent delegating you her custodial rights in the child's best interests.

Read the other post.

>3) What would be your suggestion on this??

See above...

>4) If the therapy lasts for more than six months, like it is
>supposed to what are the chances of me being able to get
>custody of my daughter??

99.99999999999999999999999% if the therapy lasts more than three months. 75% if you get a signed statement from the other parent and file for custody on the same day.

Rule #1 in family law. De facto custodian wins everything, unless that person is an ax murderer.